Position Overview: The incumbent should be able to identify most standard overhead and underground utility equipment. Responsibilities include collection of facilities field data as specified for use by others in updating facility records or preparing design documents. This position encompasses data collection, measurement, mapping, field photography, equipment or unit inventory, staking, and similar field-based reconnaissance at the direction of senior technical or engineering employees. This position may work with more senior employees in the field acting as a design or staking assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will adhere to and be a strong advocate for Pike Engineering’s Core Values to both Pike Engineering employees and our client(s)
• The Incumbent may be required to assist in power restoration efforts with natural disaster events (eg: driver, wire guard, runner)
• The incumbent will be familiar with and follow all practices as outlined in the Pike Engineering Safety Manual
• The incumbent will be an advocate of safety and participate in all safety initiatives
• Accurately and neatly gather field data using paper drawings, forms, electronic data collection devices, digital cameras, or other formats and/or devices specified by the project manager and/or client.
• Identification of most standard overhead and underground distribution facilities.
• Correctly identify items to be documented in the field.
• Be familiar with and have a basic working knowledge of technology tools such as hand-held data collection units, laser range finders, digital cameras, and GPS receivers.
• Accurately record measurements and dimensions of requested items; be able to recognize levels of detail required to create a complete and accurate accounting of the field inventory and environment per the project specifications.
• Accurately records data and measurements using correct standards and symbology such that the resulting product is clear and easily understood by office-based project personnel.
• Meets production targets and understands the importance of project deliverables and milestones.
• Overnight travel may be required
• Working in an outside environment
• Follow all Pike Engineering and client safety practices and promote a safe working environment
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and assist in the training of Distribution Field Tech I’s and new peers.
• Act as a team leader of lesser skilled employees if assigned
• The incumbent will have a valid driver’s license
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike Engineering is an equal opportunity employer
Pike Engineering is a Non-Union Company
Requisition Type: Hourly
Job Schedule: Part time