Job Description Summary
Renewable Energy is growing and with it, the need for Power Conversion products and services. GE Energy is expanding our power conversion validation team to meet this growing demand for Power Conversion products.
The validation team contributes to the design and development of products, solutions, and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work if the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
GE's Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE's most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE's 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers' success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
• Work with EHS and engineering team to develop and ensure compliance to safe work practices.
• Responsible for execution of laboratory and field validation testing, inspection, and data acquisition for use in the design and validation of products and services.
• Responsible for design and construction of test facilities, instrumentation systems and the development of test software
• Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline.
• Serves as best practice/quality resource.
• Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area.
• Contributes towards strategy and policy development and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
• Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
• Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology, or engineering.
• Takes new perspective on existing solutions.
• Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations.
• Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
• May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
• Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
• Validate systems to agency certification requirements (e.g., IEC, UL, CSA, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)
• Experience testing power electronic systems through product validation.
• Experience with instrumentation and measurement of power converters.
• Demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives.
• Effective technical documentation skills.
• Effective communication and presentation skills.
• Proven interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Safety First mindset - proactively keeps an eye out for safety issues with initiative to stop work as needed.
• Familiarity with Lockout Tagout (LOTO) Safety Programs and LOTO Compliance.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to document, plan, and lead program / projects.
• Established project management skills.
• Understanding of 5S Lean Methodology and ability to implement / maintain 5S with designated workspaces.
• Familiarity with NFPA 70 and 70E and Arc Flash analysis (EasyPower) and testing.
• Familiarity with low & medium voltage insulation systems-partial discharge theory and testing methods.
• Working knowledge of low & high voltage electrical distribution, power conversion and control system design.
• Working knowledge of wind turbine or photovoltaic system technologies.
• MBB/BB, DFSS certified (GE employees only)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No no requirements Employment Type: OTHER