Job Description Summary
Activities aimed at proving a concept to be valid or technically feasible by the application of scientific and engineering methodologies. Work in this family typically has the objective of demonstrating through test or analyses the performance and implementation potential of a concept
Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
GE's Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE's most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE's 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers' success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future
Roles and Responsibilities
• Design and develop new analog, digital, and mixed-signal printed wire assemblies Wind Turbines, specifically for the Electrical system of Pitch.
• Lead the requirement gathering process with customers, internal users and system engineers.
• Translate specified requirements to circuit realizations using modeling, simulation, and statistical design methods.
• Design to meet reliability, testability, manufacturability, and material cost guidelines.
• Evaluate, select, and apply appropriate electronic technology and components.
• Document design configuration, principles of operation, and application guidelines.
• Document functional test requirements.
• Verify functional performance of prototype hardware under all specified operating conditions.
• Determine and improve limiting failure modes.
• Issue PCBA manufacturing SoW and support manufacturing.
• Electronic circuit design, analysis and simulation - analog, digital & mixed Signal (ADC/DAC)
• MCU/FPGA selection and circuit design
• Verilog, C/C++ programming and coding practices
• Switch-mode power supply design (low power)
• Frequency converter hardware design - less than 50kw
• Component selection and application
• Hardware testing and debugging
• Schematic capture & layout tool using Cadence Allegro Design Entry HDL/PCB designer and/or Altium
• Digital logic synthesis & simulation
• Hardware circuit simulation practice - Simulink and/or Multisim and/or LTspice and/or others
• Design for Manufacturability (Printed Wire Board fabrication and assembly)
• Design for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
• Design for Reliability (HALT, DFMEA, Stress analysis, reliability model ...)
• Design for Test (Lab test, manufacturing FVT, ICT)
• Documentation (technical)
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 2-5 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
• Ability to learn
• Strong interpersonal and demonstrated leadership skills
• Positive mindset with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work with global, cross-function teams within a matrix environment.
• Make good decisions with limited information/data.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes no requirements Employment Type: OTHER