How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Lead, communicate, organize and problem solve with a multidisciplinary team for quality, cost effective care delivery. Promotes team building and programs for attaining quality service, client satisfaction and financial goals. Performs procedures and assesses quality. Provides care and services to patients of all ages.
• Promotes Carilion’s Culture of Excellence and quality service through team work, respectful communication, maintenance of a professional environment, partnership with those we serve and anticipation of patient/customer needs.
• Assesses clinical staffing needs, prepares and maintains work schedule and adjusts as needed in a cost-effective manner. Communicates schedule to staff. Coordinates patient flow throughout the day and provides direction for staff as needed. Maintains direct communication with physicians.
• Fulfills appropriate technologist responsibilities, conducts procedures and maintains clinical and professional competency. Maintains appropriate registry by obtaining required CEUs. Enhances personal professional growth through participation in educational opportunities
• Demonstrates leadership, team-building and employee development skills. Serves as a role model, providing direction, support, coaching and mentoring for team members.
• Assists with providing education activities for staff. Collaborates with Preceptors to coordinate orientation for new clinical staff. Assists manager in assuring staff competence.
• Monitors performance improvement activities and/or collects PI data as directed by management. Participates in development of action plans.
• Assists the manager with interviewing and hiring of employee candidates, corrective action and problem solving. Participates in peer review and provides input to management for performance review process.
• Oversees timekeeping functions for assigned areas. Collaborates with other team leaders to strategically align services. Responsible for cost-effective materials management to include the ordering and effective utilization of supplies.
• Complies with all Carilion policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
What We Require:
• Associates degree in Allied Health or graduate of an approved School for Radiologic Technology required, as defined by the department.
• Three to five years experience in relevant procedural setting, as defined by the department. Leadership/charge experience required.
• Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• Radiologic Technology registry (e.g. ARRT).
• Registered Echo Sonographer from American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
• RCES or RCIS. In the following areas modality specific registries are required to be obtained within time specified below: Mammography – must obtain registry within 24 months MRI Technology – Certified/registered by the ARRT in MRI or certified/registered in an Imaging profession by the ARRT, NMTCB or ARDMS or a candidate for the MRI advance certification by meeting the ARRT candidate requirements.
• AHA BLS-HCP required; May be required to obtain/maintain BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP based on specific work unit.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144661
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: 8a - 430p, Variable 8 hour work days
Recruiter: MELISSA W FERGUSON
Recruiter Phone: 540-525-4093
Recruiter Email: MBWatts@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.