How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Manager position will work with our HEALTH ANALYTICS RESEARCH.
The Health Analytics Manager provides leadership for their teams in applied analytics, research, reporting, business intelligence, and/or business analyst services. The Manager will coordinate with their director to manage and facilitate analytics and reporting activities in the enterprise data warehouse and clinical and business applications. The manager will be responsible for the management and development of their team staff.
• Provides strategic input for and management of their assigned analytic teams and ensures their implementation and success within the Health Analytics department of Carilion Clinic.
• Provides for the continued development of their assigned staff to be able to maintain and develop to analytics/reporting requirements.
• In collaboration with their director, will help identify analytics technology/application redundancies and assist with implementation of processes to prevent future proliferation of redundant analytics technology/applications.
• Responsible for staff maintenance and adherence to governance discipline within the Department of Health Analytics.
• Facilitates execution of services for vendors to meet contractual agreements.
• Provides communication and recommendations to their director regarding the work within health analytics and informatics.
• Provides coaching to assigned staff in the Department of Health Analytics for methods and behaviors that can improve their performance. Administers hiring, evaluation, corrective action, of health analytics staff when appropriate. Completes employee evaluations on time.
• Supports or leads all health analytics and informatics activities for on-time, on-budget outcomes.
• Meets or exceeds internal and external client objectives for service and project outcomes. Supports efforts for Carilion Clinic safety, quality, and business needs.
• Defines and measures, then meets or exceeds quality and productivity targets for their assigned health analytics teams and, where appropriate Carilion Clinic.
• Prepares, manages budget, and allocates resources for assigned areas.
What We Require:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in informatics, computer-or business-related fields, or health analytics is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years’ experience in clinical applications preferred. Minimum of 2 years of management experience including direct supervision of staff level resources. Requires highest knowledge of technical skills, management, and problem-solving abilities.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Valid Virginia Driver’s License and dependable transportation.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Familiar with multiple computer systems, databases, and health analytics platforms, as well as technical entities and computer programming languages. Excellent oral and written communication skills, knowledge of business practices, positive attitude, self-motivated, ability to work with minimal direction, confident, ability to lead and adapt to change. Working knowledge of technology and analytics management processes and techniques. Technical knowledge and familiarity with data warehousing and data aggregation.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144829
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB - Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: typically M-F, 8-5
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.