Engage Life Coordinator
Job Locations USA-VA-Roanoke
Job Opening Post Information* : Posted Date 3 days ago (2/5/2024 4:58 PM)
Requisition ID 2024-243421
# of Openings 1
Job Category (Portal Searching) Senior Education/Recreation
Salary Starting at $15.10 / hour
We create communities where employees thrive in their work, helping our residents thrive in their homes.
We strive to enhance the lives and exceed the expectations of those we serve every day. To do this, we cultivate the diverse talents of our team members in order to achieve something together that they could not do alone.
Atria Senior Living’s family of brands has immediate openings for individuals looking for a career with competitive pay and outstanding benefits, including:
• P aid holidays and PTO
• Receive annual anniversary rewards
• Benefits include: Health / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
• 401(k) employer match
• T uition reimbursement
* Enrollment in benefits varies by employee classification; anniversary reward amounts vary by location
As a valued team member at Atria, you’ll work in a supportive environment that provides advancement opportunities and promotes a healthy work-life balance. Apply now !
In the role of Engage Life Coordinator, you develop and implement programs of interest and enjoyment to our residents in order to enhance their lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle expectations. You collaborate with residents to customize opportunities that add delight and surprise to the residents’ day. You act as a manager on duty as required.
• Lead assigned Engage Life programs and develop associated daily, weekly, and monthly plans.
• Find creative ways to keep residents connected to one another, to the internal community, to their hobbies, interests, and the outside community as well.
• Teach and lead exercises and assist with the proper use of fitness equipment.
• Engage and motivate residents by incorporating elements of spontaneity, simple pleasures, purpose, and strength, resulting in program participation; paying special attention to residents who may be confided to their apartments.
• Welcome new residents, making a special effort to include and engage them in activities and introduce them to others in the community with similar interests and backgrounds.
• Implement Company designed programs as outlined.
• Inform residents of upcoming activities and maintain a current schedule of events.
• Prepare and publish an engaging and creative monthly program calendar which incorporates the community’s events and programs within the Company specified timelines.
• Support Operations in achieving customer satisfaction scores that meet or exceed Company standards.
• Conduct all community opening and closing procedures as the schedule requires.
• Act as a manager on duty as required.
• Engage in community public relations, including collaboration with Support Center public relations and preparation of local positive publicity stories.
• Coordinate departmental needs and goals within specified budget.
• Hire, train, supervise, coach, develop and performance manage the Driver position at the community; working closely together to meet the needs of the residents in regard to transportation schedules and outside events.
• Assist in recruiting, training, and managing volunteers where applicable.
• Assist in planning parties, events, and activities, as well as decorating the community according to the season and/or holiday throughout the year as well as planning birthday celebrations and life events to honor residents.
• Maintain clean and organized activity spaces and work area.
• May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• One (1) to two (2) years of related experience in coordinating, planning, and executing group activities and events.
• Communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing, with residents, staff, and vendors.
• Able to proficiently operate standard office equipment.
• Must possess valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Position may require driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle for social and other various activity and program-related outings).
• Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Company’s Motor Vehicle Policy standards.
• Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel; includes utilization of iPad/tablet and other technology devices.
Starting at $15.10 / hour
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS