How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
We welcome experienced and recent graduates. Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance are available.
As a part of the clinical social work team, you’ll have the opportunity to experience an environment dedicated to your personal well-being and professional development. In a setting renowned for improving the health of the communities we serve, you’ll provide psychosocial assessments, interviews, and/or treatments. You’ll work closely with other members of the health care team, community resources and regulatory agencies to facilitate the transition of patients while maintaining the highest quality of services possible.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide psychosocial assessments of patients and families. Formulate a comprehensive care transition plan coordinated with the interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary team.
• Meet documentation standards for quality, timeliness and confidentiality of medical records.
• Remain current with social work and health care developments and seek to increase further enhancement of job-related knowledge.
• Facilitate and provide an interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
• Provide therapeutic interventions aimed at adaptation throughout the continuum of care.
• Participate in system and departmental performance improvement initiatives.
What We Require:
• Master’s Degree from an accredited school of social work
• Minimum of two years social work experience in health care setting (preferred)
• Successful completion of orientation and competency validation
• Proven expertise as a clinical social worker; crisis intervention skills
• Proven expertise in critical thinking and creative problem solving
• Cultural competence; integrity; courteous disposition
• Willingness to work as an integral member of a multi-skilled team
• Advanced knowledge of social work theory and practice
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Effective and positive interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144835
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Monday - Friday, 8am-4:30pm
Recruiter: DANA E JOHNSON
Recruiter Phone: 540-400-4631
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.