How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
This position will supervise Outpatient Therapy with Carilion Clinic. The office location is in Roanoke.
Provides a positive, rewarding and service-oriented work environment which supports high-quality patient-centered care, an exceedingly competent and engaged staff and the achievement of fiscal, scorecard and process improvement goals and objectives. Responsible for daily operations in area of responsibility. Monitors and implements new health care services and performance improvement initiatives. Provides professional care to patients of all ages within therapy areas. Supervises other therapy staff.
• Applies key financial concepts and analysis to decision making, Develops and implements work plans with measurable outcomes. Continually assesses and reallocates resources to appropriately meet demands.
• Responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of a unit or department as it relates to scorecard goals and objectives. Proactively identifies and implements cost containment initiatives. Coordinates resources to ensure adequate staffing for the unit or department and demonstrates effective team-building and leadership skills. Establishes day-to-day priorities and directs staff assignments.
• Holds self and team accountable for maintaining the highest possible performance standards in order to serve customers (patients, employees, physicians, colleagues). Maintains productive, collaborative relationships with physicians, other management and pre- and post-hospital providers. Monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction with services provided within unit or department. Collaboratively implements program to improve customer satisfaction.
• Assures the effective and timely delivery of high-quality patient-centered services. Recognizes and acts upon opportunities for growth and improvement to advance goals of both New River Valley and Carilion Clinic. Translates broader goals into department specific objectives and priorities.
• Communicates appropriate information to stakeholders in an ongoing, timely and accurate fashion. Establishes forums to engage in open, honest and proactive two-way communication with staff. Establishes and continuously evaluates unit or department processes and procedures and revises as needed to ensure achievement of goals.
• Inspires enthusiasm and builds support for projects. Attracts, selects, develops and retains qualified employees, and is effective in utilizing developmental planning to expand employee skills and abilities.
• Creates a safe working environment while providing opportunities to develop maximum potential. Facilitates professional growth and development, including the provision of in-service programming and effective performance appraisal processes. Plans for growth, staffing and effective performance improvement with Human Resources. Mentors and coaches staff.
• Fulfills staff responsibilities and accountabilities for multiple disciplines including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology. Serves as a role model for professional and clinical competence. Assists Rehabilitation Manager in assuring staff competence.
What We Require:
Education: Bachelor's Degree or additional 8 years of experience required
Experience: At least 3 years supervisory experience in a healthcare setting or business required, four (4) years experience preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: Discipline specific certification as PT, OT or SLP and Virginia license.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrated excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, team leadership, priority setting, organizational and work competency skills.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144963
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Outpatient Therapy - Starkey
Shift Details: M-F with varied hours
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.