How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Pharmacy is about more than dispensing medications and advice. At Carilion Clinic, it is a commitment to excellence in every aspect of your chosen profession. It means treating patients with respect, dignity, kindness and empathy. It means providing friendly, accurate service and quality at every opportunity. It means we’ll count on you to be there for patients who rely on your expertise.
Pharmacists work to support the vision of the Department of Pharmacy which is “Optimizing patient outcomes through integrated delivery of quality pharmaceutical care" and the mission of the institution. Activities include providing consultation for other health care providers, educating patients and other health care providers, reviewing and processing medication orders, and preparing and dispensing medication.
• Participates as an active member of interdisciplinary care teams
• Advises on the most efficacious treatments and participates in pharmacotherapeutic decision making
• Participates in collaborative practice protocols as required by each facility
• Provides virtual pharmacy consults to Carilion Clinic Ambulatory Offices as required by each facility
• Acts as a resource for drug information and evidence based medicine
• Maintains accessibility to healthcare providers for consultation and advice on medications
• Educates patients and their families
• Performs in concordance with departmental expectations of clinical pharmacy practice
• Will respond to cardiopulmonary arrests within the assigned areas as required by each facility.
• Reviews and verifies medication orders for accuracy
• Assures preparation of sterile/nonsterile compounding according to Standard Operating Procedures
• Assures delivery of medications in a timely manner
• Provides education and training for healthcare providers (pharmacy, nursing and medical), students, residents, patients, and patient families as defined by each facility.
• Provides educational learning experiences to pharmacy students/residents
• Provides clinical education
• Provides accurate and appropriate feedback to pharmacy students/residents
• Effectively manages own practice of pharmacy
• Maintains competency in all technologies utilized by the Department of Pharmacy
• Supports clinical pharmacy initiatives of the institution
• Maintains compliance with statutes, laws, regulations, standards and policies governing the practice of pharmacy
• Facilitates age specific Pharmaceutical Care to patients
What We Require:
Education: Must be a graduate of a College of Pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Experience: Pharmacy Practice Residency or equivalent Hospital experience is preferred
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: License to practice Pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Virginia required within 90 days of hire. During the first 90 days of employment and the licensure application process, pharmacists without a valid license to practice pharmacy in the Commonwealth of Virginia may not perform duties restricted to a licensed pharmacist until the license is obtained. If the license is not obtained within 90 days of employment, the employee may be subject to separation from Carilion Clinic.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must possess good leadership, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to effectively budget time, work efficiently and accurately, and follow procedures with minimum supervision. Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills. Work requires knowledge of general office equipment and procedures including computer and keyboarding skills. All pharmacists must complete an Orientation Competency.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144026
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: 7-on/7-off Monday to Sunday 9 pm to 7:30 am
Recruiter: DAVID L NIVEN
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4057
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.