Medical Records Specialist
Office Location US-VA-Roanoke
Agency ROA - Roanoke, VA Enhabit Home Health of the Mid-Atlantic
Patient Coverage Area Roanoke
Requisition Type Home Health
Are you in search of a new career opportunity that makes a meaningful impact? If so, now is the time to find your calling at Enhabit Home Health & Hospice.
As a national leader in home-based care, Enhabit is consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in the country. We’re committed to expanding what’s possible for patient care in the home, all while fostering a unique culture that is both innovative and collaborative.
At Enhabit, the best of what’s next starts with us. We not only make it a priority to maintain an ethical and stable workplace but also continually invest in our employees. By extending ongoing professional development opportunities and providing cutting-edge technology solutions, we ensure our employees are always moving their careers forward and prepared to deliver a better way to care for our patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Enhabit offers competitive benefits that support and promote healthy lifestyle choices. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools and resources include:
• Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
• Continuing education opportunities
• Scholarship program for employees
• Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
• Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
• Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
• Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
• Electronic medical records and mobile devices for all clinicians
• Incentivized bonus plan
Enhabit Home Health & Hospice is looking for a Medical Records Specialist to join our team. As a Medical Records Specialist, you will be responsible for receiving electronic faxes, scanning documents, and uploading files into the electronic medical records system, Homecare Homebase.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
• Prepare patient assessment packets.
• Follow up on order tracking reports weekly and in accordance with the order procedure; reprocess unsigned orders and other key documents, as needed.
• Lead initiatives to contact physicians and marketing staff to timely obtain orders, addendums, and other documents appropriately signed; prioritize unsigned orders older than 30 days.
• Process all physician notifications timely, according to workflow and regulations.
• Receive, process, and save all medical record documents timely and in accordance with standard operating procedures, to ensure a complete patient medical record.
• Prepare and distribute medical records, according to policy, to comply with payor requests,
medical record reviews, medical record requests, and pre-/post- payment documentation requests.
• Verify paper visits and visit notes.
• Process workflow, coordination notes, and administrative tasks timely.
• Assist with answering the telephone at the branch, as needed.
• Assist with greeting guests courteously and professionally announce their arrival.
The right person for this role will be outgoing, have a positive attitude, and have exceptional multitasking skills.
• Minimum of 6 months of medical records experience in a clinic, hospital, or home health setting.
• Previous experience working with an EMR system is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with Homecare Homebase (HCHB) is a plus.
• Experience working with Sfax is a plus.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Advanced typing and computer skills.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!
Enhabit Home Health & Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. We work to promote differences in a collaborative and respectful manner. We are committed to a work environment that supports, encourages and motivates all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected characteristic. At Enhabit, we celebrate and embrace the special differences that makes our community extraordinary.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Interested in this opportunity?
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS