Position Title: [[title]]
Chartwells K12's goal is to make sure students leave the cafeteria happier and healthier than they came in, by serving food kids love to eat and creating custom dining programs. With more than 16,000 associates in 4,300 schools, ranging from large public institutions to small charter and private schools, Chartwells K12 is built on decades of food, education and operational experience driven by top culinary, nutrition, wellness, and sustainability talent. For more information, visit www.ChartwellsK12.com .
Working as a Director of Dining Services , you will manage multiple K12 schools within a district or across districts. You will be our point of contact for the school administrator responsible for food service, lead the teams within your assigned account(s), and manage the overall operation. You will provide planning and direction within the assigned accounts to achieve operational and financial goals in a dynamic environment, comply with all applicable regulations, maintain strong client relationships, and fulfill our mission to feed kids.
• Manages salaried managers and hourly associates in the Food Service Department
• Oversees the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the account
• Interviews, hires, and trains associates; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems
• Prepares and manages annual budget
• Utilize company systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory, cash reports, production records, payroll/time-keeping, etc.
• Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in adherence to company food standards for preparation, presentation, sanitation and safety (meeting HACCP and OSHA guidelines) and portion control
• Other duties as assigned
• B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus four years of directly related experience preferred
• Five to seven years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
• Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
• Previous P&L accountability or contract-managed service experience is desirable
• Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
• Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
• Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
• ServSafe® Certified
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Chartwells K-12 maintains a drug-free workplace.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits.
• Life Insurance/ AD
• Disability Insurance
• Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
• Associate Shopping Program
• Health and Wellness Programs
• Discount Marketplace
• Identity Theft Protection
• Pet Insurance
• Commuter Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
$0 per YEAR Employment Type: Full-Time