Base Pay: $- / YEAR Employee Type: Part Time Non Exempt
Responsible for the implementation of specialty programs and classes at the Gainsboro YMCA
• Facilitate a variety of special programming at the Gainsboro YMCA,.Â This could include, but is not limited to, music and cultural workshops, classes specifically designed for youth or seniors, or other programming that has a demand in the community.Â
• Implement positive and effective worshop management skills, including classroom management, creative lesson planning, and diversifying workshops based on individual and group needs.Â
• Maintain accurate records of workshop data, including attendance and records of inventory and supplies.Â
• Ensure proper storage and maintenance of YMCA supplies and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
• Ability to observe participant activities in order to enforce safety regulations and policies and procedures.
• Ability to interact in-group activities.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to supervise adults and children.Â
• 2 yearsâ€™ experience in a program instruction preferred.Â
• Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of demographics.Â Â
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Love of people.
• Be a positive role model.
T he YMCA of Roanoke Valley is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.