Who We Are :
Since 1948, The Rescue Mission of Roanoke has been on the mission of “ Helping Hurting People in Jesus’ Name .” The Mission nourishes the mind, body, and spirit, through dedicated team members and volunteers that extend the compassion of Christ to our neighbors in need.
We are a faith based, equal opportunity non-profit employer.
Children’s Ministry Chaplain serves to consistently facilitate Children’s Ministry. Represents the Rescue Mission in the spirit of Christ as an advocate for children and youth in crisis. Chaplains greet and pray with the churches that are scheduled to conduct the Children’s Chapel and help facilitate the chapel service (set up, conduct notifications and confirmations, etc). The Chaplains are vital to growing and maintaining our relationships with area churches and ministers who volunteer to conduct chapel.
Hours of Availability:
Part-Time with flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Compensation : $15.00(Hourly/non-exempt)
Our Team Members should exhibit the following:
· Possess a sincere love of Christ and maintain a Christian walk that is evident of that love. Individual must be willing to adhere to The Rescue Mission of Roanoke’s Code of Ethics.
· Demonstrates a genuine interest in the safety and well-being of our guests and team members.
· Understanding of volunteer engagement and ability to utilize and appreciate volunteers in daily tasks.
· Strong work ethic and commitment to work as scheduled to include holidays and weekends as assigned.
· Strong listening, as well as written & verbal communication skills to execute instructions, keep others informed and exhibit professionalism.
· Demonstrated attention to detail/strong organizational skills to assist with multiple daily assignments and special projects.
· Ambitious to exceed expectations.
Job Specific Qualifications:
· Work schedule may vary depending on the needs of the Children, planned activities and Chapel services.
· Willingness and ability to pray with others.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Power Point.
· Comfortable with audio/visual equipment.
· Maintain confidentiality – build trust.
· Ability to relate to people at various levels of spiritual maturity.
· Some formal theological training preferred.
· Temperament to make/respect professional boundaries.
· Proven ability to network with organizations.
· Active listening skills/provide feedback in a counseling situation.
Chaplains are responsible for managing the overall flow of the chapel services provided by community partners such as churches. Coordination of team members to ensure continuity of services, assist with chaplain schedules and host events as needed. Effective and timely communication is necessary for a seamless process of scheduling partners to speak/perform as well as notify guests, team members and the community of events.
Chaplains provide pastoral care for prayer for shelter guests, program participants, and volunteers. Help guests make a connection with visiting churches/organizations. Assist with administrative duties as assigned.
All Rescue Mission of Roanoke team members may be asked to complete other duties as assigned by the leadership/management. Expectation is to complete these assignments as requested.
Physical demands essential to performing the job duties of this position (not an all-inclusive list).
Consistently - Communicating with others to exchange information; verbally and/or electronically
Frequent periods of physical activity – includes sitting and/or standing
Frequent computer use; computer screen exposure
Frequent - Moving around to accomplish a task
Occasional – exposure to general cleaning chemicals
Occasional periods of standing, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling objects up to 30 pounds
Lift up to 30 pounds; not typically repetitive
Temperatures may vary depending on activity/events; indoor/outdoor exposure
Noise levels may vary depending on activity/event and/or location
The Rescue Mission of Roanoke is a drug and tobacco-free workplace.
We look forward to reviewing your qualifications.
Employment Type: Part-Time