The Salem Red Sox are the Single-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and are owned by Diamond Baseball Holdings. We are seeking an organized, attentive, and outgoing candidate to fill the position of Merchandise Assistant in Virginia’s beautiful Blue Ridge for the 2024 season. This position will report directly to the Merchandise & Special Events Director.
• Help manage daily operations of the Salem Red Sox Team Store
• Ensure visual appearance and presentation of the Team Store
• Schedule and manage game day employees
• Assist with inventory management
• Process all e-commerce orders
• Provide outstanding customer service to fans
• Assist in processing new inventory
• Assist in tagging new merchandise inventory and restocking the store
• Assist with other game day operations as assigned by the Merchandise & Special Events Director
• Willingness to work long hours. This includes nights, weekends and holidays in addition to all 66 Salem Red Sox home games and select non-game day and special events
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Experience in retail strongly preferred.
• Experience with e-commerce is encouraged but not required
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Dates: March 2024 – End of Season
The Salem Red Sox are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.