Checker (Cashier) Dining Services | Salem, VA | Full Time | Opened 3 days ago | From $14.00 to $15.00 per hour
We're looking for an attentive and detail-oriented Checker (Cashier) to join our dynamic team. As a Checker (Cashier) at Roanoke College, you will play a key role in providing stellar customer service by handling cash transactions with customers and collecting payments to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Welcoming customers, answering their questions, and providing advice or recommendations as necessary.
• Handling cash transactions between the customer
• Maintaining and balancing the cash register, daily deposit and reporting discrepancies to the supervisor.
• Resolving customer complaints and guiding them appropriately.
• Ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate
• Apply methods of safety and sanitation as instructed by the VDH and Dining Service Management
• A high school diploma or equivalent qualification.
• Basic mathematical skills and experience in cash handling.
• Ability to deliver a high level of customer service in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication and time management skills.
• Familiarity with electronic equipment, like cash register and POS.
• Previous work experience in retail or as a cashier will be a plus.
• Problem-solving skills and ability to multitask.
• Available to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends, and evenings.
This is a full-time, 11 month position that follows the academic calendar. Must be able to work every other weekend. Uniforms and non-slip safety shoe allowance provided, along with a free meal on scheduled work days. Generous paid holidays, vacation, sick/personal time, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life insurance, and short and long term disability insurance. In addition, you are able to use campus facilities such as the fitness center and library, receive a discount at the campus store, have free admissions to campus athletics, programs and more.
About Roanoke College
Roanoke College is a place where every student who works hard has the opportunity to succeed. We champion potential, providing essential learning and leadership through innovative academic programs and transformative educational experiences, giving students the mettle, mindset, and empathy to pursue lives of purpose, build meaningful careers, and meet society’s most pressing needs. Located in scenic Salem, Virginia, Roanoke College is an intimate, welcoming community that has served the local region and beyond for nearly 200 years. Now, we’re building on momentum and offering a Roanoke experience for today’s students and a legacy that belongs to every Maroon.
Roanoke College is a nationally ranked residential liberal arts college affiliated with the Lutheran Church (ELCA), located in the beautiful Roanoke Valley of Virginia. A Phi Beta Kappa institution, Roanoke College is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its faculty, staff, and students; women and members of under-represented groups are especially encouraged to apply.