Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Executive Chef today with LewisGale Medical Center.
LewisGale Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
• Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
• Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
• Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
• 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
• Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
• Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
• Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
• Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
• Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
• Colleague recognition program
• Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
• Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Executive Chef. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated 13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the supervision of the Nutritional Services Director, the Executive Chef is expected to perform a variety of duties for the preparation, cooking, and serving of all foods for patients, cafeteria, and doctor’s dining room as well as catering, using creative, health conscience techniques, recipes, menus, and presentation. This position requires a thorough knowledge of Food and Nutrition Services, policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements. Must possess safe cooking equipment and safety techniques. The ability to assume responsibility and exercise authority is required. Very frequent interactive associations and managerial tasks are inherent in this position. A professional demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with management, physicians and employees is essential. The ability to maintain confidentiality of information is essential.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Directly responsible for the food preparation for patients, the cafeteria, doctors’ dining room and any special requests.
• Develops and implements work standards, sanitation procedures, and personal hygiene requirements, consistent with Hospital rules, local, state, and federal regulations and food handling principles.
• Inspects food preparation and serving areas, equipment and storage facilities, observes the appearance and personal habits of staff to detect deviations and violations of current health regulations and orders corrective measures as necessary.
• Responsibility for physical assets: The employee will be responsible for the equipment and supplies that are issued to perform job functions during his/her shift. Employees are responsible for tagging and depositing with the Security Department personal property found during their duties.
What qualifications you will need:
• Culinary Certification preferred
• High school diploma or GED required
• Associates / Technical from Culinary Institute required
• One year of experience in Health Care preferred
• Three to five years experience in Food Service Management preferred
• Serve Safe Certification required within 60 days of hire
LewisGale Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1909. We give patients access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 500+ bed hospital is one of the leading acute care facilities in the Salem area. We specialize in heart and vascular care—including the latest advanced technology available through our designated Heart Center—as well as orthopedics and spine care, services for mental and behavioral health and cancer care.
At LewisGale Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patients family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Executive Chef opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment Type: Full-time