Introduction Are you passionate about delivering superior work outcomes? At Galen College of Nursing, we are committed to a single purpose: offering excellence in nursing education. Our staff and administration live out our vision! We change the life of one to care for the lives of many. Jump-start your career as a Campus Engagement Specialist today with Galen College of Nursing.
Benefits At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a comprehensive package of medical, dental, and vision plans along with unique benefits, including:
• Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
• Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
• Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
• 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
• Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
• Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
• Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
• Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
• Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
• Colleague recognition program
• Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
• Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our students’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Campus Engagement Specialist to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications The Campus Engagement Specialist will coordinate campus and student engagement activities, as well as other related services to support student success in the nursing programs and career preparation. This position will collaborate with Galen’s faculty, administration, and staff in addressing the needs of a student population with diverse academic, cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. In addition, the Campus Engagement Specialist will organize career fairs, new student orientation and other campus events.
What you will do in this role:
• Collaborate to organize and/or implement graduation and honor ceremony events, as required.
• Develop and facilitate career information workshops, and career fairs to enhance student/graduate readiness for employment.
• Collaborate with the nurse sponsor Galen Student Nurse Association and assist GSNA in planning quarterly programming, as required.
• Facilitate the Student Advisory Committee.
• Assists in a variety of complex administrative duties involving contact and exposure to proprietary information. Utilizes independent judgement, determining when to act for management and when to refer problems for personal attention.
• Coordinates and schedules meetings and appointments, manages assigned calendars, and responds to requests for time and rescheduling when necessary. This includes coordination of on-campus student events and social activities.
• Serve as the primary student point of contact for the Student Success Department.
• Schedule appointments and maintain calendars for the Student Success Department staff.
• Collaborate with Success Department staff to encourage the use of Student Resource services.
• Promote Student Success Department services within the campus, and monitor, document, and report student participation.
• Collaborate with Academic Success Specialist to organize and schedule workshops on topics such as study skills, time management, and student professional development.
• Participate in campus activities including committee work, and campus events.
• Organize and facilitate New Student Orientation.
• Collaborate with staff, faculty, and administration to plan extracurricular activities for students such as student appreciation, social activities, and community service projects to foster a sense of connectedness with fellow students, campus, and community.
• Maintains documentation of all student interactions in CampusVue.
What qualifications you will need:
• Education : Bachelor’s degree in education, student affairs, social services, counseling, or related field preferred.
• Special Qualifications : Microsoft Office computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel competencies. Campus Management software program experience preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must present a professional demeanor and appearance. Must have dependable transportation for frequent local travel. Demonstrate dependability and attention to detail. Membership in a professional career services organization is a plus.
• Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment : Must be able to sit in front of a computer screen, lift up to 30 pounds, and sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity : I foster an environment that provides opportunities for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character : I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability : I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect : I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence : I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education, our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take a personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate, and Masters Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master’s degree in nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen’s accreditation status, please visit our website.
Galen College of Nursing is recognized as a 2023 National League of Nursing (NLN) Center of Excellence (COE)
Employment Type: Full-time