Pay Type Hourly State: VA City: Roanoke Area of Interest: Technologist Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-time Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-exempt Job Summary
RAYUS Radiology, formerly Center for Diagnostic Imaging and Insight Imaging, is looking for an MRI Technologist to join our team. We are challenging the status quo by shining light on radiology and making it a critical first step in diagnosis and proper treatment. Come join us and shine brighter together! As an MRI Technologist, you will operate your assigned scanner(s) to produce images of the patient's body for diagnostic purposes. Taking a patient centered approach, you will provide MRI services within professional standards and with excellent customer service. Each patient comes to our centers looking for answers. You will guide patients through this sometimes difficult process by kindly talking them through the steps and answering their questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and process. This position is Full-time, working varying day/evening shifts. We're to cross-train an ARRT registered x-ray or CT tech.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(90%) Patient MRI Imaging
• Screens patient before exam for any precautions or contradictions pertaining to examination, using two patient identifiers to ensure correct patient and procedure
• Explains and prepares patients for MRI procedures that will be performed, explaining the procedure, positioning patients so that the parts of the body can be appropriately
• Performs routine and advanced MRI procedures on designated portions of the body for use by physicians in the diagnosing and treating of patient illness and/or injury with minimal amount of supervision or repeats scanned, while providing patient support by talking to patients throughout procedure
• Adjusts MRI scan parameters correctly and as needed
• Maintains positive attitude and working relationships with radiologist, referring customers and other associates and peers
• Follows physicians' orders precisely and conforms to safety regulations to protect yourself, your patients, and coworkers
• Accurately maintains patient records within Radiology Information System (RIS)
• Maintains an orderly and clean work area promoting good safety habits for patients and co-workers
• Maintains ACR toolkit and accreditation requirements
• Maintains equipment in good working order; cleans and disinfects equipment after each use
• Ensures compliance with all HIPAA guidelines
(5%) MRI Department Support
• Assists with maintaining an updated imaging protocol manual and software upgrades
• Monitors medical supply inventory and requests supplies as necessary
• Assists with training of new associates, providing resource and technical expertise, as applicable
(5%) Completes other tasks as assigned
Remote Position No Status Full-time Requirements
• ARRT registered technologist, current and in good standing
• Graduate of the American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of radiography
• Licensed Radiological Technologist in the appropriate state, if applicable
• Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
• Must have training and experience sufficient to competently perform MRI procedures independently
• Certification in imaging specialty
RAYUS is committed to delivering clinical excellence in communities across the U.S., driven by our passion for and superior service to referring providers and patients. RAYUS Radiology is built on our brilliant medicine, brilliant team, brilliant technology and services - all to provide the highest level of patient care possible.
We bring brilliance to health and wellness. Join our team and shine the light on Radiology Services!
RAYUS Radiology is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Location City Roanoke Location State Virginia