How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Flex/PRN- Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital. Mostly Acute Care coverage. Driving distance from Roanoke.
Confirms and interprets physician referrals, performs patient assessments, plans and implements individualized treatment programs taking into account the patient’s developmental and/or chronological age and medical diagnoses in accordance with the regulations governing the principles and practice of Speech-Language Pathology.
• Provides patient care based upon physician referral and age-appropriate assessment taking into consideration the patient’s developmental/chronological age and medical diagnoses when planning/implementing treatment programs designed to achieve goals set in conjunction with the patient and/or family member.
• Coordinates patient care and clinical activities through written and/or verbal communication with patients, families, therapists, Clinical Team Leaders, managers, physicians, and other members of the health care team.
• Documents, in the patient’s medical record, and completes other patient care-related forms in compliance with regulatory agencies and department/hospital policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with other clinical staff, support staff, volunteers and students to achieve efficient clinical activity and quality patient care.
• Participates in other patient care and departmental/professional activities as requested/assigned including but not limited to presenting/attending in-services, performance improvement, program development/evaluation, new employee orientation, committee membership, peer review and attending staff meetings.
What We Require:
Education: Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program.
Experience: Experience in site specific level of care preferred but not required. For Home Health positions one year of clinical experience required.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or eligible to complete clinical fellowship year (CFY); Licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Life Support: AHA BLS-certified (from a Carilion approved program) within six months of employment.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 138880
Employment Status: Flex
Location: CFMH - Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Work day shift during week. Focus in acute care.
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.