How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
This position is eligible for a $3,000.00 sign-on bonus when successful candidate meets applicable guidelines.
8 South PCU - This 24 bed telemetry PCU specializes in the care and management of patients on the Faculty Medicine service and is the alternate unit for 8S Radius.
Successful candidate MUST BE able to attend required orientation classes during daytime hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm for the first 2 weeks. These classes are mandatory!
If you want to learn more about being a Patient Care Tech/Nursing Assistant at Carilion or hear testimonials from current Nursing Assistants, please watch this VIDEO .
As a part of the patient care team, you’ll experience an environment defined by a deep commitment to your personal well-being and professional development. This is a great opportunity start your health care career journey, within a setting renowned for clinical excellence.
You’ll provide nursing care that includes taking the patient's blood pressure, checking their oxygen levels and temperature, as well as assisting patients of all sexes and genders with bathing, meals, toileting, ambulation, and other basic needs. The Patient Care Tech/Nursing Assistant role can include one-on-one care of patients on suicide or safety precautions.
Patient Care Technician/Nursing Assistant job duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Provide basic nursing care and perform advanced technical skills for specified age groups.
• Transport patients, supplies, specimens, and equipment within the facility.
• Appropriately document and report patient observations to licensed staff.
• Contribute to Carilion Clinic’s performance improvement activities.
• Review medical records for outstanding orders.
Process equipment between patients as needed (clean unit-based equipment and gather supplies needed to operate equipment).
• Manage admissions, transfers, and discharges.
Coordinate patient flow into/out of area using department/unit-specific software and Intranet.
• May also provide one-on-one patient care related to suicide or safety precautions.
What We Require:
• High school graduate or GED equivalent required.
• Close attention to detail.
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
• Successfully complete orientation and competency validation.
• American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (CPR) required within 6 months of hire.
• Certified Nursing Assistant license preferred.
• Previous experience in direct patient care preferred.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 144937
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Primarily Evening/Night shift. Three 12-hour shifts per week with rotating weekends/holidays
Recruiter: JAMIE S RATLIFF
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.