How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Full Time. Home Care in the Roanoke Region. Sign on Bonus Eligible**
Performs selected procedures under the direction of a licensed Occupational therapist who has evaluated the patient and developed a plan of care. Provides services in compliance with regulations governing the practice of occumpational therapy and during the course of treatment, takes into consideration the patient’s chronological and developmental ages.
• Provides patient care based upon therapist evaluation and plan of care and takes into consideration the patient’s age and level of development when implementing treatment programs and assisting with changes in treatment goals.
• Coordinates patient care and clinical activities through written and/or verbal communication with patients, families, therapists, Clinical Team Leaders, mangers and other members of the health care team.
• Documents in the patient’s medical record and completes other patient care-related forms in compliance with regulatory agencies and department/hospital policies and procedures.
• Supervises and collaborates with support staff, volunteers and students to achieve efficient clinical activity and quality patient care.
• Participates in other patient care and department/professional activities as requested/assigned including but not limited to presenting/attending in-services, performance improvement, program development/evaluation, new employee orientation, committee membership, peer review and attending staff meetings.
What We Require:
Education: Two-year Associate Degree from an AOTA accredited program.
Experience: Experience in site specific level of care preferred but none required.
Licensure/Certification: Licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Other: Effective interpersonal, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required. BLS-certified (from a Carilion approved program) within six months of employment.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144993
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Home Care
Shift Details: M-f with weekend rotation
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.