How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Provides support to project teams seeking outside funding for research, educational, public service and special sponsored institutional projects. Position requires excellent project management skills; written and verbal communication skills; analytic business skills and integrity. Identifies and researches grant opportunities as well as relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards. Oversees the processing of the entire grant application lifecycle. Works with project teams to deliver competitive proposals and meets application deadlines. Must have the ability to interpret and ensure compliance with the standards, rules, and regulations of Federal, State, and all granting agencies.
• Identifies and researches grant opportunities as well as relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards.
• Provides support to students, residents, fellows and faculty seeking outside funding for educational, research, public service and special sponsored institutional projects and works with the Research Director to prioritize project needs.
• Organizes, manages, and controls pre and post-award functions and resources in a collaborative and participative manner for optimal performance of service.
• Demonstrates effective team building and leadership skills. Establishes day-to-day priorities and directs staff task assignments. .
• Creates a safe working environment while providing opportunities to develop maximum potential.
• Utilizes developmental planning to expand employee skills and abilities
• Coordinates grant preparation process and assignments. Coordinates activities including evaluation of staffing needs, budgeting and reporting.
• Reviews prospect research profiles to help insure positive funding outcomes.
• Oversees the processing of contracts and/or grants. Acts as primary contact and liaison with funding organizations.
• Coordinates and plan funding program activities in conjunction with appropriate departmental leadership or project leaders, including the prioritization, planning and scheduling of activities to guide program efficiency and effectiveness.
• Coordinates the administration and monitoring of ongoing grant funded activities in conjunction with appropriate departmental leadership or project leaders.
• Oversees all grant funded projects. Works with the appropriate Section Chief using a matrix reporting system, to oversee the work of staff implementing each grant funded project.
What We Require:
Education: Master's degree or 12 years of equivalent experience required.
Experience: Five years demonstrated success in grant management and research experience. Knowledge of healthcare environments preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Position requires excellent project management skills; written and verbal communication skills; analytic business skills and integrity. Position also requires the ability to: innovate; resolve complaints/problems; work as an integral part of a multi-skilled team; and act as a team player. Requires knowledge of specific funding matches and grant-makers within behavioral health and medicine: a knowledge of federal and private funding organizations and demonstrated ability to work effectively with them: knowledge of federal regulations related to sponsored research. Knowledge of word processing, data management and spreadsheet computer software programs and data analysis.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 145014
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB - Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.