We can't wait to share our passion for aviation with you! Join a team that works hard, cares for each other and offers plenty of opportunities to grow.
At Piedmont Airlines, our strength is the way we deliver industry leading service to our customers and airline partners. To continue our standard of excellence, Piedmont is seeking a motivated, reliable leader to join our team as a Customer Service Supervisor. The primary responsibility of the position is to manage the operational activities of the department in accordance with established policies and procedures. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and the ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff. This position reports to the General Manager.
* Coach and provide career development to the team
* Correct non-compliant behavior and impose disciplinary action as required
* Understand the corporate culture, policies, and goals, and take measures to implement these into daily work routines
* Manage the operational activities of the department in accordance with established policies and procedures
* Manage a staff of team members with varied duties
* Administrative duties, including daily/weekly/monthly reports
* Maximize operational performance for the station by adjusting to changes in operational conditions and proactively solving problems
* Supervise, direct, and monitor personnel in the completion of their duties; adjust as necessary to ensure on-time performance and quality customer service
* Drive motorized equipment
* Provide support when employee absence affects the operation
Job Qualifications & Competencies:
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
* Ability to work independently, set and meet own deadlines
* Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
* Able to defuse conflicts among team members
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
* Prior experience with internal controls processes for accountable items
* Ability to work a flexible schedule
* Previous airline management experience
* Current Piedmont employee with a minimum six months of service
* Knowledge of basic airport procedures and fundamental job requirements for gate and ramp agents
* Extensive knowledge of QIK
* Bachelor's Degree in Aviation, Business, or related field
* Use of computers and other office equipment
* Airport ramp environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
* All shifts including weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
* Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, walking, standing, reaching, lifting, climbing up and down stairs
* Handle objects up to 70 pounds regularly, up to 100+ pounds occasionally, with assistance from co-workers or tools
* Assist passengers with disabilities, including, but not limited to, pushing wheelchairs
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear driving record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and drug screen as required. We also require proof of high school or GED completion. Minimum 18 years of age.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, and family travel on the American Airlines network. Medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.