Elevate your career as a CDL driver with Denali Organix, the trailblazer in the waste recycling industry. With our expansive reach spanning 48 states and serving a vast network of over 10,000 retail supermarkets and food manufacturing plants, you'll be part of a team making a real impact in reducing food waste. As a CDL driver at Denali, you won't just be driving trucks - you'll be driving change. Join our passionate team and take the wheel towards a greener and more sustainable future. Embark on a rewarding journey with Denali as a CDL Driver and open doors to endless opportunities for continuous training and professional development. We are deeply committed to your success and growth, providing specialized training programs and safety initiatives that equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills for the job while prioritizing your well-being. Our invaluable mentoring programs offer unwavering guidance and support as you navigate your career path. Seize these resources to elevate your skills and drive your career to new heights.
The Lead Support Driver will be expected to travel to various locations within the region, and fill-in for regular route collection drivers to cover vacation time, sick leave, or other business needs. Organix does try to keep drivers within the regions where they live, but at times, we have had to use relief drivers throughout the companies 48 state footprint.
What we offer:
We offer an extensive and competitive benefit plan for all our full-time employees as we value their time and commitment. Our benefits include:
* Health Insurance
* Dental and Vision Benefits
* Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance ($50,000)
* Automatic enrollment in Short- & Long-Term Disability
* 4% employer contribution into 401k after six months
* Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
* Eligible for Safety & Performance Bonuses
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Paid Weekly
* Health Saving Plan
* Voluntary life insurance for employee and family
PAY - Salary
Expected periods of weekly travel from four to six weeks with the ability to come home on weekends when applicable
* This lead position requires covering dedicated collection routes (vacation coverage, sick leave, new driver training). Drivers will be traveling to surrounding states within the region.
* When drivers are not traveling to cover routes, they will be doing local landfill hauls, moving equipment and/or bin repairs/deliveries
* Shifts may vary between morning and nights based on dedicated route coverage schedule
* Company credit card provided to cover 100% of travel expenses such as meals, lodging, air-fare and rental cars
* Salaried Position
* Some daily Haul Operations
* Utilized as a "Driver Trainer" for new hires.
* Monday - Friday / Possible Saturdays.
* Some daily Haul operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Loading, hauling, and delivering food waste on intra- and interstate routes with multiple stops ranging from 15-25 per day in accordance with routing determined by Company.
* Delivery equipment ranges from 30-45' open top dump trailers (combination vehicle) across a regional footprint determined by management.
* Operate manual and automatic transmission vehicles in accordance with DOT requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
* Operate manual or electric pallet jack as needed
* Utilize a pressure washer to rinse bins and containers and leave all client locations clean and free of debris.
* Perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
* General use of hand tools for basic repairs of company bins and equipment.
* Maintenance of basic truck equipment overall cleanliness of equipment.
* Utilize electronic logging system for DOT driver logs and as otherwise required
* Maintain paperwork (contamination and service tickets, truck maintenance, etc.) and submit all documentation to the appropriate party.
* Regularly communicate with customers and vendors to ensure seamless operations
* Communicate with corporate office/operations team on a regular basis for all service, equipment, customer service-related issues.
* Report all accidents and injuries immediately to the safety manager.
* Attend and participate in weekly safety calls, trainings or briefings.
* Basic usage of computer and cell phone for training, communication, and expense management
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Time management and ability to maintain route consistency
* Communication and customer service skills
* Proficiency operating Manual and Automatic Transmission vehicles
* Ability to use a manual or electric pallet jack
* Experience using an Electronic Logging System, such as PeopleNet
* Knowledge of hydraulics is a plus
* Basic computer and cell phone knowledge
* All drivers must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
* 1 year(s): End Dump Experience
* Requires a Current Class a Driver's License, with 1 year Roll Off experience.
* Regularly lifting, pulling and/or pushing, bending, stooping, twisting, shoveling or reaching overhead.
* Able to regularly pull/roll up to 300 pounds when working with totes
* Ability to handle unpleasant odors from food waste/farms
* Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
* Class A CDL License (self-certified as a Non-Excepted Interstate driver with the state of issuance)
* Clean MVR and PSP
* Must be able to travel
* Must be at least 23 years of age and have a minimum of 2 years full-time verifiable tractor trailer experience OR 21 years of age with 1 year of tractor-trailer experience IF a graduate from a Truck Driving School or 1 year Military experience
* Stable work history
* Must pass pre-employment drug screen
This position is a safety sensitive position and requires a clear mind and diligence. The employee has the responsibility for his/her own safety as well as the safety of others.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees. Accordingly, the Company will not engage in any form of employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally protected status. The Company hereby affirms its desire to maintain a work environment for all employees that is free from all forms of unlawful employment discrimination.