How You'll Help Transform Healthcare:This position has the opportunity to work two days per week remotely and three days per week onsite. Leads and takes responsibility for strategic, consultative services within areas of expertise for all levels of employees, departments and business units. Ensures timely, accurate and consistent information is delivered with regard to projects and broader initiatives. Maintains a broad knowledge of all HR areas and activities, while specializing with highly-advanced knowledge in one or two specific HR functions.
* Content Expertise. Continuously develops advanced knowledge in designated Center of Expertise (COE), as well as maintains a thorough working knowledge of other HR areas, HR initiatives and broader organizational priorities. Participates on multi-disciplinary teams as a resource and expert in COE field. Continuously develops higher-level understanding of multiple HR areas to assist in effectively understanding and communicating broader HR and organizational strategies.
* Project Management. Participates on, and may lead, complex strategic projects and initiatives. Monitors content and timelines; works to ensure key deadlines and needs are met using collaborative processes.
* Product/Service Development. Uses expert knowledge to anticipate needs of colleagues and proactively develop products/solutions to meet those needs. Understands and aligns with overall organizational goals and objectives; continuously seeks ways to improve processes and develop creative solutions.
* Consulting. Role models the consulting processes during all interactions and mentors HR peers in understanding and effective utilization. Anticipates needs and uses the consulting process to develop collaborative solutions, evaluate outcomes and take corrective actions, if necessary.
* Business Management. Develops, maintains and nurtures working relationships with other COEs, HR Operations, HR Business Partners, colleagues and external customers/vendors. Generates alliances that promote effective relationships and outcomes. Maintains a focus on the strategic, critical needs of the COE, HR and overall organization.
* Culture/Change Agents. Serves as a culture and change management champion. Gains support of key stakeholders by educating them on issues and practices, and how they align with overall organizational objectives.
* Mentoring. Oversees the work and effectiveness of the COE and has primary accountability for the team to the HR Manager/HR Director of the COE. Assists with ensuring that all COE employees provide thorough, thoughtful, accurate and timely solutions.
What We Require:
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required or equivalent 8 years of experience required. Master's degree preferred
Experience: Three to Five years of directly-related experience in specialized area required.
Licensure, certification and/or registration: PHR, SPHR or other approved HR certification required within 1 year of hire.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must possess excellent customer service and written/verbal communication skills, including presentation skills. Demonstrated analytical thinking and interpersonal skills. Must work well in a team environment and have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Lawson knowledge preferred. Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to work on multiple tasks/projects while meeting deadlines and being flexible in an environment of changing priorities.About Carilion
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144883
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Human Resources
Shift Details: Primarily Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Recruiter: JASON A BISHOP
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4039
Recruiter Email: JABishop1@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time:
Shift: Other, see job description
Hours per Week:
View what local employers are paying