How You'll Help Transform Healthcare:
Researches, implements, and maintains information technologies to increase client systems operational efficiencies and secure Carilion's enterprise desktops. Serves as primary administrators for key corporate-wide systems such active directory and messaging services. Manages corporate projects and problem resolution requiring the participation of multiple specialized teams.
* Implements and maintains highly available and fault tolerant desktop/workstation system management infrastructure for the enterprise with moderate supervision from the Supervisor and/or Manager. Infrastructure technologies include, but are not limited to: Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft WSUS, and McAfee EPO.
* Creates and maintains system images for deployment to desktop/workstations in the enterprise with minimal supervision from the Supervisor and/or Manager. Technologies used for this purpose include, but are not limited to: Symantec Ghost, Microsoft SysPrep, Microsoft PowerShell, and Microsoft VBScript.
* Manages the enterprise directory (Microsoft Active Directory) and messaging system (Microsoft Exchange) utilizing both manual techniques and automated scripting with moderate supervision from the Supervisor and/or Manager.
* Develops reference materials (system diagrams, installation documentation, etc.) for supported workstation technologies and associated management technologies to be used for both online and in-person training of other technical staff with minimal supervision from Supervisor and/or Manager.
* Manages assigned projects and meets deadlines with moderate supervision from Supervisor and/or Manager.
* Interfaces with clients, vendors, and other teams on multi-faceted projects involving desktop/workstation technologies.
* Interfaces with clients, vendors, and multiple teams while providing resolution to problem incidents as escalated from the Technology Service Center.
* Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to assure prompt resolution to identified problems.
What We Require:
Education: Associates Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum two years experience in computer electronics and/or desktop administration. Experience in microcomputers and supporting telecommunications hardware/software required.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: Valid Virginia drivers' license and dependable transportation. CompTIA A+ within first year of employment. Additionally, any of the following are preferred, but not required: CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, Citrix CCA XenApp, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCTS, Microsoft MCSA.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available
View what local employers are paying Computer and Mathematical Occupations