How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Manages, coordinates and monitors the maintenance, repair, minor renovation/construction and administrative activities of maintenance personnel and contracted personnel performing building maintenance in and around assigned facilities. Develops the maintenance team through effective communication and role modeling. Analyzes plans and manages the use of resources through the use of work order control system and related computer tools. Provides data for departmental budgeting and provides input in facility-wide capital budgeting. Has 24/7 accountability.
• Establishes realistic budgets using financial and quantitative information that supports the department mission. Manages budget by monitoring revenues and expenses and takes appropriate action to control within budget limits.
• Determines the priority and assigns resources for site maintenance work. Provides direction and support to team leaders and employees on daily maintenance activities and longer term projects. Evaluates the quality of completed work.
• Manages performance of maintenance employees. Completes employee evaluations. Develops performance improvement plans, and takes action to address staffing and skill development needs.
• Ensures successful completion of externally contracted work. Performs technical review of proposed maintenance contracts and vendor agreements. Manages materials inventory.
• Coordinates with Carilion staff to assure compliance with regulatory agencies including CMS, Fire Marshal, OSHA, and Joint Commission.
• Provides assistance to Carilion directors and managers regarding maintenance and engineering issues and capital budgeting
• Resolves internal and external customer issues regarding maintenance and engineering issues. Supports Service Excellence initiatives. Uses customer feedback to recommends initiatives to improve the quality and efficiency of maintenance and engineering services.
• Analyzes data from the work order control system and other sources to develop preventative maintenance plans and identify work process improvements. Implements plans and projects that utilize staff effectively, reduce costs, and improve services.
• Develops teamwork and effective customer service through training, role modeling, and team member and customer communication.
What We Require:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or additional 8 years of experience required. Major in engineering or construction administration preferred.
Experience: Five years of experience in maintenance trades with three years supervisory or managerial experience required. Commercial property management experience preferred. Healthcare experience preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of and ability in the areas of blueprint reading, drafting, estimating, building construction standards, and national, state local codes and regulations and crafts associated with construction. Experience with a work order control system and budgeting highly desirable. Knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Oral and written communication abilities coupled with a genuine interest in the development of subordinates toward the best interest customer service and patient care. Demonstrated experience in building effective teams, conflict resolution, employee communication, diversity, and customer service. Position is deemed ‘emergency personnel’ during emergency weather conditions. May be asked to provide own transportation and travel to other Carilion work sites. May be required to work at other Carilion facilities to meet staffing needs.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144935
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Property Maintenance - Albemarle
Shift Details: Mon - Fri 730a-4p - on call and off hours as needed
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.