How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Graduate Medical Education Well-being Navigator will:
· Be responsible for supporting the execution and delivery of various programs, as well as increasing the exposure of services and programming to optimize utilization of well-being resources for medical residents and fellows.
· Maintain a close working relationship with Carilion-based and community-based resources, including internal departments such as Employee Assistance Program, Institute for Leadership Effectiveness, Wellness, and chaplaincy services.
· Develop programs and resources to support medical resident trainees’ and fellows’ well-being, including but not limited to establishing self-care practices, financial planning, strengthening personal resilience skills, and work-life integration.
· Collaborate with Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Fralin Biomedical Research Institute staff and faculty to foster joint initiatives and opportunities to promote well-being.
· Stay abreast of national and higher education trends regarding effective prevention and health promotion activities, overseeing, and coordinating the work of health promotion within graduate medical education.
· Support resident trainee development and facilitate a culture of personal and professional growth.
· Assist in the development, creation, and implementation of new and innovative, evidence-informed health promotion and well-being programming, including qualitative and quantitative assessment.
· Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees.
· Champion Carilion's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
Position requires experience and demonstrated skill in strategizing, developing, implementing, managing and assessing effective and contextually appropriate well-being programs and interventions. Must interact effectively with individuals at various levels and with varied backgrounds to assess resident/fellows needs and coordinate services. No supervisory responsibilities or duties. Communication often involves complex problem-solving. May provide input into budget and cost containment initiatives. May provide analysis to aid in budget formulation. Work requires moderate effort for such activities as bending, stretching, stooping, pushing or walking. Light effort is required to carry boxes (up to 25lbs.) and office supplies. Little or no exposure to injury or other health hazards. Must provide own transportation and travel to other Carilion sites may be required.
Step up and lead with a regional leader. Advance your career with an award-winning organization that excels in helping our communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger. Make the most of your management talents at Carilion Clinic, an award-winning healthcare network that includes seven hospitals, multi-specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions.
Based in Roanoke Virginia, we offer compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach programs. Join and guide a team of caring individuals who embrace and reflect our values‐commUNITY, courage, commitment, compassion, and curiosity‐in all that we do. And realize the advantages of professional stability, strong technological resources, and true advancement potential.
What We Require:
Education: Bachelors degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree. Masters preferred.
Experience: 3 years of experience in a related field required. Experience working in an academic medicine (clinical and non-clinical) environments preferred. Background in social work, mental health, public health, healthcare administration, or related field preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: AHA BLS-HCP certification required or obtained within 90 days of hire
Other Minimum Qualifications: Excellent communication and customer service skills required. Proficient computer skills required. Flexible and work as a team player.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 144259
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Wellness - Roanoke
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 8-5
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.