Requisition ID: 180199
Posting Locations: Roanoke
Pay Range: $18.80 - $23.50 , depending on experience
Rate Frequency: Hourly
This role is for a shift that runs from 6 pm to 6:30 pm Monday through Thursday.
Click here to view a Day in the Life of our Teammates!
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards , competitive pay , career advancement and growth opportunities .
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
• 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Group Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
• Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
The Operator Manufacturing IV is responsible for setting up, operating, monitoring, troubleshooting, and performing preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Operator Manufacturing IV is also responsible for inspecting parts and making adjustments or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications. This position also assists with setting up and operating production equipment following established procedures and guidelines and adjusting machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion. The Operating Manufacturing IV also serves as a peer leader for their assigned production line.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs necessary pre-operation activities on multiple pieces of equipment to ensure proper equipment startup and operation
• Operates multiple pieces of equipment and monitors equipment during operation, performs setup and changeover, inspects parts, and makes adjustments or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications and to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
• Performs scheduled quality assurance tests following good manufacturing practices and communicates results with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
• Performs housekeeping activities and sanitations on production equipment
• Provides training to new associates and leads peers on a production line by communicating tasks and giving instructions to ensure maximum quality and productivity
• May operate equipment including Palletizing machines (more than 2 machines) to maintain factory efficiency, changeover the machine to different SKU and package sizes
• May operate Stretch Wrap machine and operate the computerized Pallet Tag machine
• Unload of product from the Palletizing machines, or loading the product directly into trailers using Radio Frequency (RF) Tablet
• Scan the product while safely stacking product in the Warehouse bin locations
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Technical, mechanical aptitude for initial basic troubleshooting
• Ability to lead peers and desire to take on greater levels of leadership responsibility in the future
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
• Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs., stand on feet for prolonged periods of time and climb stairs as needed
• Weekend work will be required, including some holidays as scheduled to support customer demand
• Equipment noise is elevated requiring the use of hearing protection
• Seasonal temperatures can be expected
• High school diploma or GED
• Knowledge acquired through 1 to up to 3 years of work experience
Noisy, wet, and extreme temperature environment
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.