How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Experienced Maintenance Generalist. Performs a variety of basic, intermediate, and advanced mechanical and preventive maintenance, as well as inspections, installations, servicing, repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities. Work is typically performed on a variety of complex systems.
• Investigates need for repairs, collaborating with other facility personnel to ensure timely completion of all approved projects. Receives assignments, reviews work orders, priority status, time schedules and completes work as specified. Identifies and secures appropriate supplies and equipment and selects appropriate process techniques.
• Performs a variety of general construction and maintenance tasks such as preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and installation of walls, ceilings, floors, mechanical equipment, fixtures, structural, electrical and controls, plumbing, HVACR etc.; and performs all other associated related procedures and tasks.
• Reads and interprets drawings and blueprints, mechanical, structural and electrical. Schedules, plans and works with other personnel and contractors on construction and renovation projects.
• Monitors and inspects work to ensure compliance with codes and regulations. Provides feedback to Technicians on work in progress and completed work.
• Documents and maintains all required records and information pertinent to assignments, work orders, instruction manuals, blueprints and other such materials as required.
• Trains other department personnel to expand department capabilities. Orients new employees.
• Provides project leadership.
• Updates practices as necessary to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements. Researches new techniques, materials, equipment and makes recommendations to management.
What We Require:
Education : High school graduate or equivalent required. Graduate of a trade or vocational school with courses in CAD, blueprint reading, mathematics, carpentry and woodworking or equivalent on the job experience preferred.
Experience : Five years experience in maintenance related field (electrical, mechanical, HVACR, etc.) required.
Licensure/Certification: Valid Virginia Driver's License preferred for positions in the hospitals and required for Property Maintenance positions.
Other : Good interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to communicate with co-workers and others. Ability to use a computerized work order control system Ability to maintain required records and follow verbal and written instructions. May be asked to provide basic general purpose maintenance tools. Position is deemed "emergency personnel" during emergency conditions. Criminal History check is required for Property Maintenance positions. May be asked to provide own transportation and travel to other Carilion work sites. May be required to work at other Carilion facilities to meet staffing needs.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 141680
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic - 1 Riverside
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 7:30-4:00pm
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.