Onsite, Remote or Hybrid: Onsite
Sign on Bonus: $1,000 sign-on bonus available per applicable guidelines (external applicants only)
How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
**This position is located in Roanoke, VA at Carilion Clinic Parkview. This position is not a work from home position**
This position is eligible for a bonus when successful candidate meets applicable guidelines
This position is full time working the day/evening/night shift with every other weekend and rotating holidays
If you want to learn more about being a Virtual Monitor Tech at Carilion or hear testimonials from current Virtual Monitor Techs, please watch this VIDEO .
This position is full time, working day/evening/night shift with every other weekend and rotating holidays
This position contributes to the mission of Carilion Clinic by providing cardiac monitoring and virtual sitting services for patients cared for at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. The clinical operation of centralized telemetry takes place 24/7/365 at the Virtual Operations Center, designed to assist nurses and physicians in providing quality patient care. The virtual monitoring technician works with a diverse team of specialized technicians in this remote patient-centered care environment. The virtual monitoring technician II is primarily responsible for 1-the continuous ECG monitoring of patients cardiac rhythm by: responding to all alarms detected; identifying cardiac arrhythmias; reporting significant events; tracking patient activities; documenting abnormalities; and producing cardiac rhythm reports, and 2-secondarily, may perform continuous video monitoring of patients for any potential safety risks, and providing immediate intervention via direct communication into the patient room as well as to unit nursing staff.
• Assures continuity of patient care.
• Responds to all monitoring alarms, Identifies abnormalities, interprets cardiac arrhythmias, triages actionable events, evaluates trends, notifies the nurse according to alarm management protocols, adjusts alarm parameters per procedural guidelines, and documents significant occurrences for the medical record.
• Ensures safe patient monitoring by: ensuring alarms are kept on with appropriate limits in accordance with Clinical Alarm Standards; responding immediately to life-threatening arrhythmias notifying the appropriate response team within 1 minute; recognizing changes in ST segments, QT intervals, SpO2 waveforms, and BP measurements immediately communicating abnormal findings to the nurse; following Leads Off protocol documenting patients whereabouts throughout the monitoring period. Continuously observes cardiac monitor and patient status for assigned Cardiac monitored patients.
• Interprets cardiac rhythm with strips at defined intervals and documents in Electronic Medical Record per departmental policy.
• Documents any changes in rhythm with strips and reports immediately reports changes to licensed staff.
• Maintains shift documentation, keeps monitoring team informed of patient’s cardiac rhythm activities, provides unit hand-off report before leaving the monitoring station.
• Provides virtual observation of identified at-risk patients under the supervision of a registered nurse, with the primary purpose of keeping the patient safe.
• Provides verbal redirection to patients as needed.
• Documents in the electronic medical record per policy, procedure, and guidelines.
• Notifies appropriate inpatient staff, in real time, of changes in patient condition or behavior, accidents, incidents, or any other observed events of concern.
• Actively observes and maintains an uninterrupted line of sight with the patient at all times.
• Maintains patient safety at all times.
What We Require:
Education: HS diploma or equivalent education required.
Experience: One year of related experience preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Cardiac rhythm analysis technician (CRAT) offered by Cardiovascular Credentialing International preferred. Cardiac Monitoring course or successfully challenge (if eligible). Must successfully complete Annual Cardiac Monitor Assessment. AHA BLS-HCP required within 60 days of hire.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills required. Must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position. Must complete Basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software preferred.
***Note: This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144565
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Park View
Shift Details: day evening night, 3-12 hour shifts, every other weekend
Recruiter: TAMIKA D RICKMAN
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.