How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
**This position is located at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital**
10 West is a 28 bed Medical-Surgical unit primarily consists of the geriatric population with a wide range of medical diagnoses. Together we work as a team to ensure the needs of our patients are met. The care we provide includes assistance with activities of daily living and maintaining a safe and comfortable space to heal as our patients transition home or to skilled-care facilities.
This position is full time, working Monday-Friday
As part of the health care team, the Restorative Aide performs basic clerical and technical clinical services relating to the care, cleanliness, safety, and comfort for patients of all ages. Provides quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach to patient care. Works with patients needing restorative nursing measures to gain or maintain their highest possible functional level.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provides direct restorative care and delegated tasks as assigned, completing work accurately, safely and in a timely manner. Participates in team meetings providing patient progress.
• Participates in all aspects of patient care as in the Nursing Assistant Job Description
• Follows the plan of care directives.
• Monitors equipment and reports needs to CTL, Charge Nurse or Director.
• Notifies team leaders and charge nurse responsible for that patient when a patient is regressing/progressing or refusing to participate in the program. This will facilitate an assessment to be done by nursing/therapy and a possible change in the program and care plan.
• Participates in Nursing Sensitive indicators related to the function of the Restorative Aide
What We Require:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education required.
Experience: Two years as a Nursing Assistant preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant preferred. AHA Basic Life Support certification required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must possess the capability to understand medical terminology. Ability to work with others. Good verbal communication skills. Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills required. Must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144557
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Primarily M-F
Recruiter: SARAH R BOSWELL
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.