How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Provides administrative support and guidance to two or more members of the Executive Team. Effectively plans, organizes and coordinates administrative aspects of the executive’s office functions, providing research, technological, meeting, calendar, travel and problem-solving support. Performs tasks that are diverse in nature. Must also be adept to shifting priorities. Requires project management and organizational skills. May participate at Board/Committee meetings to provide administrative support. Must have experience and expertise in the healthcare field and an extensive knowledge of information systems, intranet/internet, computers, office equipment and clerical procedures. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are critical attributes for this position. Demonstrates good judgement. Maintains strict confidentiality. Is an effective communicator with Carilion management, staff, patients and the community. Strong sense of integrity. Plans meetings, drafts agendas and correspondence, responds to inquiries, and appropriately handles complaints. Supports Carilion’s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
Significant Responsibilities :
• Communication and Correspondence: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Corresponds with leaders across the organization and leaders within the community on behalf of the executive. May coordinate events and functions internally/externally, as well as in collaboration with community partners and professional organizations. Provides direction and prioritization standards for the screening of the executive's mail, email, voicemail and appointments using independent judgment and critical knowledge.
• Process Management: Anticipates executive’s needs and proactively organizes appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing issues/situations. Manages change effectively and works well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Must be flexible in nature. Understands processes and suggests areas for process improvement when appropriate. Demonstrates experience exercising sound judgment and complete discretion in dealing with highly confidential and sensitive matters.
• Document Management: Composes, edits, and/or types a variety of professional correspondence and documents. Prepares a variety of financial and operational reports. Stores information and documents in an organized fashion for efficient retrieval. Strong experience with computer software such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, email and calendar management applications.
• Meeting Management: Provides support for meetings and engagements by creating items such as presentations, agendas, minutes, reports, charts and graphics, etc., ensuring accuracy and appropriate distribution. Obtains appropriate resources and ensures necessary stakeholders are available to support and meet the executive’s needs.
• Project Management: Manages projects of varied complexity and scope. Is able to set goals and priorities, manage time effectively and see tasks through to completion. Utilizes appropriate resources to ensure projects are successful.
• Problem Solving: Handles complaints and issues tactfully and appropriately. This may include documenting, tracking, investigating, and referring as appropriate. Demonstrates good judgement.
• Purchasing: May purchase necessary business and office-related materials, as well as maintain and update contracts and agreements.
• Handles administrative items related to the management of the Executive’s direct reports. This may include initiating performance evaluations, entering and/or approving hours worked, employee processes, etc.
What We Require:
Education: Associate’s degree in related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of administrative, executive secretarial, or other related work experience required.
Licensure, certification and/or registration: Professional Secretary Certification preferred. Member of International Association of Administrative Professionals or other business related organization preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Requires a detailed knowledge of the organization's operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
Demonstrates ability to work with sensitive information.
Ability to effectively and efficiently use a variety of computer software programs (e.g., word processing, presentation-related software, spreadsheets, etc.) and office equipment. Demonstrates interpersonal skills and proficiency in business vocabulary and grammar to effectively represent the executive and the company to outside parties. Demonstrates attention to detail and decision-making skills to respond to high-pressure situations. Demonstrates time management skills to plan, manage, and coordinate executive's activities and major functions. Professional dress for the workplace.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144669
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic - 1 Riverside
Shift Details: Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.