How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Provide the vital medical supplies and equipment that healthcare professionals in all departments need to offer superior care. Maintain the clean and orderly spaces that are so important to the comfort of patients and families. Make a difference that everyone will appreciate with Carilion Clinic. Our community-based healthcare network includes seven hospitals, multi-specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions.
Ensures continuity of patient care by providing patient care equipment and supplies to departments/practices.Picks and distributes medical supplies and equipment through the Carilion systems. Services practices/departments supply par levels, in assigned areas. Secondary responsibilities include Imaging par levels, delivers clean and soiled pick up, for sterilization, mail responsibilities and general supply deliveries. Works closely with management and other Carilion inventory locations to efficiently operate servicing of supplies and equipment. Basic knowledge and utilization of hardware and software.
• Performs replenishment of supplies stocked to ensure sufficient availability.
• Accomplishes the timely, accurate, and efficient picking and staging of the requisitions. Performs the requisitioning, inspecting, receiving, and stocking of inventory items for maintaining the appropriate par levels. Assembles, repackages, or replenishes kits, components and carts.
• Performs regularly scheduled pick-ups and delivery of medical equipment to ensure availability where required.
• Operates computers, computerized equipment and peripherals. In addition, operates materials handling equipment in the performance of job duties. Duties include assembling, disassembling and labeling of shelving and storage units.
• Monitors supplies for proper labeling, expiration dates and integrity of packaging.
What We Require:
Education : High School Diploma or equivalent required. Post high school vocational or college training preferred.
Experience : Experience or familiarity preferred with handling medical supplies and equipment. Experience desired with inventory requisitioning/stocking and order picking.
Licensure/Certification : Valid Virginia driver's license preferred with positive driving record.
Other : Excellent communication skills. Computer skills. Ability to respond in crisis situations in a calm and collected manner. Ability to perform in a continually changing environment.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 144896
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Materials Management (Warehouse)
Shift Details: 1:30-10PM M-F
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.