Reservation Agent - Part Time
Hotel/Resort Name Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center
Posted Date 1 week ago (1/25/2024 3:50 PM)
Location : Company Name Pyramid Global Hospitality
Position Type Regular Part Time
# of Openings 1
Requisition ID 2024-36749
Address 110 Shenandoah Avenue
Postal Code 24016
At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
Check out this video for more information on our great company!
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center is a magnificent and storied hotel nestled in the heart of Roanoke, Virginia. Built in 1882, the Tudor-style hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a member of the International Association of Conference Centers. With its grand architecture and captivating history, the hotel stands as a testament to timeless elegance. Boasting a total of 329 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites, the Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center offers a range of accommodation options to suit the needs of every guest.
In addition to its accommodations and dining options, the Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center features exceptional facilities for both business and leisure travelers. The hotel boasts over 63,000 square feet of flexible event space, making it an ideal venue for conferences, weddings, and other special occasions. State-of-the-art audiovisual equipment, professional event planning services, and attentive staff ensure that every event is a resounding success.
Overall, with its rich history, elegant accommodations, exceptional dining options, and prime location, the Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center stands as a premier destination for travelers seeking a blend of luxury, comfort, and charm.
W e are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Reservations Team. The ideal candidate uses their engaging personality to create a memorable first impression for our guests. As a Reservation Agent, you will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will assist guests with reservations, inquiries, and cancellations, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue. This role serves the key hours where service is of utmost importance, this will be a flexible part time schedule between 16-24 hours.
• The Reservation Agent will professionally manage all incoming reservation calls with warmth and efficiency.
• Answer inquiries of room rates, outlets, area location, room type and availability, successfully converting calls into sales.
• Be a subject matter expert in all hotel offerings, packages, special rates, promotions, ads, website offerings, seasonal and home office campaigns.
• Be able to confirm and adjust reservations, up-sell, cross-sell and promote the resort’s amenities and offerings.
• Understand and follow reservation policy pertaining to guarantees, cancellations and no-shows and communicate them clearly to each guest Intake and secure all required information when making a reservation.
• Coordinate information, special requests, amenities with sales and conference services staff as well as all other departments.
• Responsible for accurately confirming reservations and accurately managing in OnQ PMS.
• Be knowledgeable of resort forecasts, future bookings and peak periods Interact with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
• Be knowledgeable of the layout of the hotel including all room types, suites and meeting rooms.
• Process all advance deposits on future reservations and post each deposit to guest’s reservation.
• Run necessary reports daily.
• Participate in departmental and resort meetings on an as needed basis.
• Create and maintain positive relationships with all other departments and know how they relate to the reservations department.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of 1 year customer service position required and/or hotel Reservations experience, Hilton OnQ PMS System and/or previous PBX experience desired.
• An outgoing and engaging personality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent typing skills and the ability to hold a phone or operate a phone headset while operating a computer required.
• Excellent listening skills and a high attention to detail
• The ability to sit for long periods of time.
Must be available to work various shifts including weekends and holidays
The compensation for this position is $13.50/Hr. - $15.25/Hr. based on qualifications and experience.
Apply for this job Apply
Email this job Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS