Roanoke County Public Schools is seeking applicants interested in the Executive Director of Elementary Instruction for the 2024-25 school year.
Position Description/Job Summary :
The Executive Director of Elementary Instruction plans, administers, and directs all elementary curriculum and instruction programs grades K-5. The Executive Director of Elementary Instruction is an effective supervisor and mentor for elementary principals, other administrators, and instructional coordinators providing the leadership that enables them to improve elementary education. The Executive Director of Elementary Instruction formulates and interprets policies and procedures; ensures compliance with state and federal regulations; grant development and implementation; administers a budget; and supervises departmental personnel.
• Provides vision, direction, management and oversight for all aspects of the elementary program, including goals; budgets; curriculum, program evaluation; data collection and analysis; school improvement plans; compliance; and selection, allocation, development, and supervision of personnel.
• Supervises, evaluates, and directs the work of elementary education departmental personnel to include elementary school principals.
• Works in tandem with the Secondary Director of Instruction.
• Formulates proposals for the development and revision of policies pertaining to elementary education programs.
• Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations and other accreditation agencies governing elementary education programs and services.
• Interprets elementary education programs to the School Board, staff, and the public.
• Assists school principals with planning and implementing effective instructional programs.
• Develops administrative professional learning communities to observe actual classroom teaching performance of teachers in order to gather data for program evaluation and refinement.
• Conferences with parents/guardians of students and resolve concerns.
• Evaluates elementary education programs to ensure that objectives for student education are met.
• Prepares and administers the elementary education budget, prepares grant applications, and solicits funds to provide financial support for programs as needed.
• Assists the human resource department in determining staff allocations and with interviewing and recommending qualified candidates for elementary education administrative staff.
• Supervises the development of inservice programs and professional development opportunities for elementary education personnel.
• Prepares or directs reports as required by federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
• Coordinates and supervises the Title I program.
• Implements/Supervises elementary summer school
• Keeps informed of current trends in education.
• Initiates and maintains effective liaisons with other school divisions, local community college and professional societies to maintain a current knowledge in elementary education.
Minimum Job Requirements/Qualifications : (statements regarding minimum educational and experience qualifications, required proficiencies with specialized knowledge, computer proficiencies, military service, required certifications).
• Must possess a Master's degree and be eligible for a Virginia License in administration and supervision. Must possess extensive experience in the field of public education to include classroom experience and supervisory/administrative experience. Must possess budget planning experience. Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and current issues in the provision of public education programs. Must possess a demonstrated knowledge of state/federal regulations and accreditation requirements governing public education programs. Must possess the ability to plan, organize, and direct a comprehensive elementary education program. Must possess excellent leadership, supervisory, interpersonal, and communication skills. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents/guardians, the community, and administrative staff.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience as an Elementary School Principal.
• Instructional experience in elementary school education.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer and phone system; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds; to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk, to reach overhead, and to drive a vehicle.
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employment Type: ["OTHER"]