A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: Hawesville, KY
Southwire Job Description
JOB TITLE: MECHANICAL ENGINEER II
REPORTS TO: Maintenance and Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Hawesville, KY
The Mechanical Engineer will design, budget, and manage installations of engineered systems for capital projects associated with the plant operations. The individual will be responsible for the design or redesign of machine components to increase reliability and productivity, and to perform root cause analysis. This individual will provide technical assistance to plant technicians in diagnosis of mechanical malfunctions, determination of necessary repairs, and elimination of the cause of the malfunctions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Project management which may include budgeting, design, installation management, spare parts procurement, etc.
• Capable of designing systems within estimated budgets.
• Must coordinate with maintenance supervision production schedules and support groups to complete projects on schedule.
• Keep abreast of current trends, technology, codes, and standards, and utilize this information effectively.
• Responsible for reliability and efficiency of mechanical systems/processes throughout the plant.
• Work to improve equipment reliability and facilitate RCA events.
• Responsible for implementing/maintaining predictive maintenance programs which may include vibration analysis, infrared scanning, ultrasonic, and oil analysis. Assist maintenance planners and supervisors in developing job plans and procedures.
• Possess and maintain a thorough knowledge of all equipment operations, maintenance procedures, safety polices, and operating standards.
• Follow all company environmental rules/procedures and handle all materials in a manner designed to minimize environmental impact.
• Follow prescribed safety rules/procedures so as to prevent injury to self and others and to maintain safe equipment and conditions in entire area of responsibility.
• Seek the assistance and advice of safety representatives on matters concerning safe practices, policies and/or procedures and give personal support to all safety activities and procedures.
• Use the company’s ISO Quality System documentation to help guide all daily quality activities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
• 5 + years of industrial experience
• Must have extremely strong analytical and management skills
• Must possess strong leadership skills as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• AutoCAD and Inventor experience preferred
• Knowledge/experience in reliability engineering principles preferred
Plans and Aligns
Benefits We Offer:
• 401k with Matching
• Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
• Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
• Long & Short-Term Disability
• Supplemental Insurance Plans
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Program
• Tuition Reimbursement Programs
• Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
• Parental Leave
• & More
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.