RK&K is seeking a Construction Manager to join our Construction Engineering and Inspection ( CEI ) tam in Roanoke, VA. As a Construction Manager on RK&K's CEI team you will manage complex highway/bridge construction projects and mentor, grow and manage our construction inspection teams.
• Manage, build and develop construction inspection teams
• Manage assigned elements of projects as an owner's representative to ensure contract compliance for roadway, structure, and bridge construction projects
• Manage project personnel, inspections, materials quality control and quality assurance testing on behalf of the owner
• Serve as a communication liaison between field staff, contractor, design team, federal and state agencies, and citizens
• Determine inspection staffing needs, provide staff supervision and management, research and interpret contract requirements providing technical guidance to staff and ensure quality of work product
• Update and track financial information including cost projections for projects. Make recommendations to owner related to partial and final contractor payments. Prepare and conduct entitlement determinations, independent cost estimates, time impact recommendations and documentation related to project change orders
• Track project schedule and make recommendations to owner
• Conduct project meetings to include preconstruction meetings, utility coordination meetings, progress meetings and pre-activity meetings
• Prepare project management correspondence and reviews recommendations made by project staff.
• Participate in Preconstruction Services (scoping, utility conflicts, constructability & bidability)
• Manage the Project Close-out process, including as-builts, final quantities and final acceptance
• Focus attention on the success of key project elements: Safety & Environmental, Quality, Schedule and Cost
• Interact and build relationship with clients
Required Education, Skills and Experience
• A minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing heavy civil infrastructure construction
• Federal, state, local or municipal DOT experience
• Construction management experience in roadway, utilities, and structures
• Ability to read & interpret roadway plans & specifications
• Understanding of contractor means & methods and materials
• Understanding of QA/QC development and execution process
• Understanding RFI and Submittal Processes as well as experience running project meetings and developing meeting minutes
• Familiarity with interpreting contract specifications, standards, etc.
• Functional computer usage including familiarity with Microsoft office suite software, data processing equipment and contract management software
• Acceptable driving record
• Ability to pass Criminal History Background Check (CHBC)
• Preferred (but not required) Education, Skills and Experience
• Knowledge and understanding of project controls (CPM scheduling, cost estimating, claim analysis)
• Both Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build experience
• Certifications (VDOT Asphalt, Soils & Aggregate, Pavement Marking, ACI, Traffic Safety, etc.) or ability to obtain within 6 months
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
• P.E. license
• B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering or related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
RK&K offers excellent potential for career advancement and professional growth. We also offer attractive compensation packages commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Health , dental , vision , life and disability insurances
• Matching 401(k) plan
• Paid Holidays
• Much Much more!
• As a full-service engineering and construction management firm, RK&K gives you the opportunity to directly impact the communities in which we live and work. What sets RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for over 100 years. To its clients, the firm delivers concepts, processes, and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has earned its reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer, and community steward.
Design your career at RK&K, Apply Today!
Drug-Free WorkplaceRK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana
EEO/Affirmative ActionRK&K is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RK&K IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - RK&K ensures non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities, you may contact Human Resources at 410-728-2900. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact RK&K by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD or use the website www.varelay.org. If you need more information on special assistance regarding limited English proficiency, contact your RK&K office receptionist and they will be able to direct you to: 1) an individual with our company that speaks your language; 2) an outside service that can assist you in communicating with RK&K; or 3) you may also contact Human Resources at: 410-728-2900
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Construction Managers