Virginia Transformer is An engineering firm that makes transformers.
We are the largest US owned manufacturer of power transformers in North America and have supported the reliability and resilience of our countrys electric grid for more than 50 years. We produce power transformers for all application involving power generation transmission and distribution, and specialty, for industrial, utility and green energy generation.
The company is experiencing steady and sustained growth and serves practically every part of US industry from its 4 (soon to be 6!) state-of-the-art North American facilities. We are actively looking for individuals who want to be part of a high-growth company and who want to share in the pride we have in ensuring American manufacturing continues to flourish. Without reliable power, manufacturing cannot operate. That is where we and you come in. Join us.
US Secretary of Energy, Jennifer Granholm said , With what Virginia Transformer is doing, they are at the center of how were going to build out the backbone of our clean energy future .
General Laborer will be an umbrella for our High Voltage Assembler and our Winding position.
Our High Voltage Assembler position goes as follows:
A High Voltage Assembler is responsible for the manufacture of the high voltage assembly phase of all power transformers and associated equipment. Assembly is completed to specifications and per the area supervisors instructions.
Job titles: High Voltage Assembler
• Prepare and Stack core steel and other insulations per specifications. Inspect, bracket, and band all core elements and perform final stand up positioning of core configuration landing of coils and assembly of core steel.
• Assemble and prepare core/coil configurations for curing and drying. Process may include immersion for varnish coat.
• Cure core and coil configurations per instructions.
• Perform main assembly (core/coil assembly, miscellaneous control wiring and other technical components per blueprints.) Install accessories and enclosures for dry type units. Tank core/coil assembly for oil filled units.
• Procure tools and supplies needed to complete tasks
• Perform in process tests as specified
• Correct any red tag items or other tasks as directed by supervisor.
• Maintain neat and organized work area.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: 401K, Dental, Holidays, Life Insurance, Medical, Relocation Assistance, Tuition Assistance, Vacation, Vision Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand