Full Time • Salary (Based on Experience)
Required Years of Experience 2 years
Job Details Position Summary:
Maintains excellent service to residents through dining services.
Oversees and assists in meal preparation and achieves food service objectives by controlling food preparation and planning.
Ensures the sanitation of all areas of food services with Chef and FOH manager.
Essential Functions :
• Directs, prepares and observes the production of food in the
kitchen on a daily basis by ensuring meals are prepared as
scheduled and according to recipes/menus and served in an
attractive and correctly portioned manner.
• Oversees and plans for Catering functions and Special meals –
• Is actively involved in menu planning with Chef, Sous Chef and RD and includes NetImpact.
• Practices safe food handling procedures at all times and maintains a Serve Safe Certificate.
• Communicates well with Director of Culinary and staff members.
• Attends meetings regarding catering and food committee meetings while keeping up with Relias and In-service trainings.
• Maintains Food Cost through purchasing and menu planning.
• Submits accurate payroll and holds staff accountable for lunches and scheduling etc.
• Is actively involved in recruitment and retention across campus.
• Is actively involved in resident satisfaction through regular rounding at different meal services including the heath center.
• Orchestrates Resident continued education through demonstrations or pairings quarterly.
Conforms to the requirements of the compliance program by understanding and adhering to Kendal’s Compliance Program and Policies as they appear in the Code of Conduct and compliance policies. Annually acknowledges review of the Code of Conduct by signature. Adheres to all HIPPA rules and regulations.
The knowledge and skills required to successfully function in the job are:
• Provides assistance to other team members when it is needed.
• Proposes new approaches, methods and/or technologies to accomplish tasks.
• Develops faster, better and less expensive way to provide the product
while maximizing his/her own time and minimizing over time hours across the board.
• Shares ideas and information with others who will find them helpful while communicating them effectively and with respect.
• Organizes ideas clearly and expresses them in an organized fashion.
• Participates and completes all training assignments on an annual basis including dementia management.
• Protects resident’s rights and facility responsibilities on a daily basis.
• Is knowledgeable and shares in the training of disaster and emergency response with the dining/kitchen staff.
• Presents a confident, cheerful, and positive approach/manner to customers and quickly and effectively solves customer problems.
• Possesses an in-depth knowledge and skill in the area of food service/preparation and portion control.
• Possesses the ability to direct, supervise, challenge and discipline the back of the house staff.
• Is decisive, can take charge of a situation, overcome an obstacle, face a negative issue and assure the correct decisions are made.
• Is confident in one’s own abilities and approaches the job with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Is knowledgeable in Cultural Competency and culture change as it applies to the over-all menus for all three facilities.
• Is proficient in Infection control and prevention as it relates to Dietary and the skilled nursing area.
• Participates in and is competent in disaster and emergency preparedness and drills.
• Is well versed in person centered care, can speak, teach and demand the same from dining staff and incorporates this into the staff’s daily routine and dealings with residents
• Demonstrates cultural competency and culture change with all residents and strives to meet their needs.
• Is proficient in identifying abuse, neglect and exploitation of residents and responds appropriately.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of five years of experience in the field of food service, particularly focused on food service in a retirement community. This position also requires at least three years of experience as a first level supervisor or team leader. Incumbent must be capable of computerized scheduling, ordering, maintain an inventory and budget and storage of recipes.
Must have and maintain Serve Safe Certification.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience
Licenses & Certifications Required
• Servsafe Certification
Compensation Details Please see ad for details
Required Skills Meal Preparation
Safe Food Handling
Proposing New Approaches
Disaster and Emergency Preparedness
Person Centered Care
Identifying Abuse and Neglect
Retirement Community Experience
First Level Supervisor Experience