Part Time • Hourly (Based on Experience)
Required Years of Experience 0-1 years
Job Details About Us
Kendal at Lexington is a CARF-accredited, not-for-profit Life Plan Retirement Community located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. The 84-acre campus sits just one mile from Main Street in beautiful Lexington, Virginia, and features a farmland setting with panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Known for its celebration of lifelong learning, engaged residents, and Quaker values, the Kendal at Lexington community offers high-quality independent living. When you are an employee of Kendal at Lexington, you will not just be working – you will feel good every day knowing you are helping our amazing residents and creating a positive and resonating impact for everyone on our beautiful campus while doing the work you have a passion for in a career that has unlimited potential with plenty of room for advancement.
Job Type: Part-Time or PRN Hours/Shifts; Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays Required
Salary: $16.64-$18.72 Experience Based
• Maintains excellent service to residents through dining services.
• Prepares meals and implements menus.
• Assists in achieving food service objectives by controlling food preparation.
• Ensures the sanitation of all areas of food services.
• Assists in the ordering, storage, preparation, and sanitation in the kitchen.
• Opens/Closes the kitchen according to schedule.
• Ensures the department is ready to serve at the appropriate time.
• Ensures the proper food consistencies are available and timely with the correct portions as ordered.
• Follows through on all daily paperwork and follows up appropriately with supervisors.
• Works in a safe manner following all policies and procedures.
• Ensures the safety of the product utilizing proper time and temperature techniques.
• Ensures a consistent quality product is produced and presented with proper garnish.
• This position requires a minimum of two years of experience in the field of food service. Culinary training is a plus. Must be familiar with food production records and standardized recipes.
• Must have or be willing to obtain within 90 days of employment and maintain Serve Safe Certification throughout employment at Kendal at Lexington.
• Life Plan Community
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
• Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift weights up to and including 60 pounds.
• Must be able to tolerate sudden variations in temperature.
• Must be able to push carts up to 100 lbs.
• Must be able to tend to trash up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to sweep and mop large areas of the kitchen.
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Lexington, VA 24450: Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (Required)
• Referral Program
• Bi-annual Staff Appreciation Bonus
• Use of community amenities, including walking trails, a fitness center, and a pool.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or submit an online application for employment, please visit our Kendal at Lexington website at www.kalex.kendal.org or contact Human Resources at (540)464-2608 or (540)458-3792.
• 2 year(s): 2 years of culinary experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications Preferred
• Servsafe Certification
Compensation Details Please see ad for details
Required Skills Food Service
Serve Safe Certification