Commercial HVAC/R Preventative Maintenance Technician
We are currently seeking a Commercial HVAC/R Preventative Maintenance Technician to join our team. This is an excellent position for individuals who want to grow and become a Commercial HVAC/R Service Technician.
The Preventative Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine maintenance tasks on commercial HVAC/R systems to ensure the optimal functioning and longevity of our customers HVAC/R equipment.
Moore's is a mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and controls solutions company providing commercial and industrial services across Virginia and North Carolina. Founded in Altavista, Virginia in 1985, Moore's has grown to employ nearly 600 people across 11 office locations. In 2012, we became a 100% employee owned (ESOP) company, which means everyone in the company shares a stake in our success.
• Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance on commercial HVAC/R systems.
• Perform thorough inspections of equipment, identifying and diagnosing any potential issues or malfunctions.
• Inspect and clean condenser and evaporator coils.
• Replace filters.
• Clean, lubricate, and adjust components such as motors, fans, belts, bearings, and other moving parts to ensure proper operation and efficiency.
• Test and calibrate system controls and thermostats to ensure accurate performance.
• Check refrigerant levels, perform leak detection, and conduct proper refrigerant recovery and recycling procedures.
• Verify electrical connections, measure voltage and current, and troubleshoot electrical components.
• Advise customers on the maintenance and care of their HVAC/R systems, providing recommendations for improvements or repairs when necessary.
• Performs minor repairs.
• Assists Service Technicians with more complex service calls/repairs as needed.
• Completes necessary paperwork with company issued laptop/tablet.
• Provides clear and consistent communication with customer and CSR/Dispatcher.
• Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on company service vehicle.
• Safely drives company vehicle, follows requirements of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all safety requirements.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Prior hands-on experience OR completion of a vocational or technical program in HVAC/R is strongly preferred.
• EPA Universal certification for handling refrigerants.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to interpret technical manuals, schematics, and blueprints.
• Proficiency in using diagnostic tools, gauges, and meters.
• Physical ability to perform manual tasks, including lifting heavy equipment and working in various weather conditions.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
• Basic computer skills.
• Must possess a valid driver's license with an insurable driving record.
• Must pass a drug screen and background check.
• Weekly paychecks - $18 - $24/hr. based on experience and skill set.
• Health, Dental, & Vision insurance - PPO and HSA plans available.
• Company vehicle (take home), gas card, uniforms, tools, iPhone, and iPad.
• Training & continued education
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Annual profit-sharing bonus
• 401(k) with company match
• Paid Vacation Time
• Paid Parental Leave
• Safety incentives and awards - earn extra PTO for being safe.
• Paid holidays include New Year's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas.
Moore's is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: $18.00 - $24.00 Hour DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: 401K, Dental, Extended Sick Leave, Holidays, Life Insurance, Medical, Profit Sharing, Sick Leave, Stock Options, Travel Allowance, Tuition Assistance, Vacation, Vision Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers