Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, rotate weekends
Submission for the position: Patient Access Coordinator - (Job Number: 7455-11754)
Patient Access Coordinator
Sovah Health - Martinsville
Performs receptionist, registration, and clerical duties associated with direct and scheduled patient admissions.
· Greets patient promptly upon arrival using appropriate scripting and always with a smile.
· Ensures that all necessary demographic, billing, and clinical information is obtained and entered in the registration system with timeliness and accuracy.
· Searches MPI completely to ensure assignment of the correct medical record number. Notifies medical records for any duplicate medical record number.
· Researches the patients visit history to ensure compliance with Medicare’s 72 hour rule.
· Completes Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire as applicable and retains it in the appropriate system for reference.
· Distributes and explains forms, documents, and educational handouts to patients or family members.
· Meets with patient or patient's caregiver before or after admission to exchange necessary information and documentation. Provides explanation of process and addresses concerns and questions.
· Communicates with admitting physician's office, nursing unit staff, and/or other appropriate personnel regarding admission to exchange necessary information and determine placement.
· Verifies insurance benefits and obtains precertification/authorization as necessary. Determines and accepts required payments, including co-pays and deductibles, or refers to financial counselors for follow up.
· Performs medical necessity check, when appropriate (if not already done so in scheduling or pre-registration process).
· Able to provide coverage to other areas of registration when necessary.
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health – Martinsville, is a full service, acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical specialties. Among the services we offer are a home health & hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and medical & radiation oncology services.
Where We Are:
In Martinsville, explore culture and arts, enjoy kayaking or hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of activities to guarantee that you and your family have a fun filled time!
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training
· And much more…
High school diploma or equivalent Required.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Auditory skills, effective verbal & communication skills, hand/finger dexterity, critical thinker, ability to type 30 WPM with high degree of accuracy. Typical Physical Demands: Requires constant sitting for long periods of time.
Minimum Work Experience
Requires 3 months on the job training.
SOVAH Health - Martinsville is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): Virginia-Martinsville