Roanoke , VA
Posted 3 days ago
Apply Now Processing...
Apply Now Processing...
Job ID: 38251
Roanoke, VA, US
Contract Type: Permanent
Location Type: On-site
Talent Area: Finance
Trivium Packaging is aglobal sustainability leader in metal packagingwith more than 60 locations worldwide, nearly 8,000 employees, and an annualrevenue of approximately 3.0 billion. Trivium serves a diverse range of customers in a variety of end markets such as food, seafood, pet food, nutrition, beauty and personal care, household care, and premium beverages.
Trivium wants to shape the industry and has embarked on anambitious transformation journey. In the near term, focus is on building & upskilling the team, deciding where to play & how to win, and increasing financial performance byexecuting the Trivium Business System(commercial, operational, and supply chain excellence). Sustainability is embedded in our materials and in our actions.Trivium has ambitious sustainability targets and focuses exclusively onproducts that are infinitely recyclable. Our company sustainability journey has been awarded with a Platinum medal by EcoVadis, the world's leading rating agent who allocated this award only to the top 1% of the >75000 companies reviewed. Sustainability is embedded in each and every function at Trivium, it's in our DNA. The global head office is at Amsterdam Airport; however, many people work in virtual teams from different countries.Our culture is results-driven, entrepreneurial, informal, and highly multicultural.Our people have a high degree of responsibility.
Who We Are:
Trivium Packaging is a global leader in metal packaging with more than 60 locations worldwide and employs close to 8,000 people. Trivium serves a diverse range of customers in a variety of end markets such as food, seafood, pet food, nutrition, beauty and personal care, household care and premium beverages.
At Trivium, people are the driving force in all our successes by bringing expertise and talent to help us stand out, achieving excellence through their commitment and drive, and maintaining a focus on continuous improvement in everything they do. Together, our goal is to be the number one choice for customers seeking sustainable metal packaging solutions.
The controller functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the business. This role is responsible for financial direction including planning and coordinatingplantbudget and business planning activities in alignment with corporate policies and practices. Accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, forecasting, business analysis, financial reporting, and recommending improve to site performance. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
• Conduct financial/management accounting and reporting, with an emphasis on accurate, timely information every month.
• Support plant management with financial tools, unit cost information, and profitability analysis
• Develop and monitor cost management/cost reduction strategies with plant management
• Calculate variance analyses; including identification of business and cost trends, and recommendations for cost control, operational changes, etc.
• Act as team leader for annual capital and operating budget preparation/submission along with appropriate variance analyses and other supporting details as required.
• Manage financial forecasting process
• Run product line profitability analysis and review
• Conduct journal entries and review and approve purchase requisitions
• Submit budgets, key performance indicators, forecasts, efficiency cost reporting, and all other plant requirements in a timely fashion
• Perform inventory control management including coordination of physical and cycle counts, resolution of problem areas and maintenance of procedures
• Support the capital appropriation process including expenditure tracking and development of return of investment
• Establish and maintain effective internal accounting controls over all plant assets
• Conduct fixed asset and spare parts accounting
• Pursue state offered government incentives
• Perform all other job duties as assigned, such as special production assignments and/or projects
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• 10 years overall experience. MBA, CPA or CMA preferred but not required
• Minimum 3 years successful experience in high volume manufacturing with solid cost accounting background . Activity based costing background a plus
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and ERP applications
• Proven written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive, hands-on, results oriented management style
• Strong service orientation and ability to work as a team with local management.
• Thorough, highly organized and efficient work habits
• Ability to proactively address and solve problems
• Ability to challenge the status-quo while effectively working in multiple team-based environments
• Balance detail orientation with "big picture" understanding of the business
• Ability to travel as needed to plant/corporate locations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen and orientation
This position will primarily work in an office environment where sitting for prolong periods of time and using a computer, telephone and other office electronics are critical. This position will also be exposed to working on the manufacturing floor, where moving machinery produces noises. This is NOT a remote work position. Office attendance at a minimum of 4 out of 5 work days is required.
Trivium Packaging is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
BRINGING YOUR TRUE SELF TO WORK
To reach our goals, we know we need colleagues at all levels who are truly diverse in every way. That's why we are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people and It's business critical for us to ensure all our people have what they need to perform at their best and can be their true selves at work.
Apply Now Processing...
As soon as possible
Employment Term and Type
Regular, Full Time