How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Experienced Maintenance Generalist. Performs a variety of basic and intermediate mechanical & preventive maintenance, as well as inspections, servicing, repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities.
• Investigates need for repairs, collaborating with other facility personnel to ensure timely completion of all approved projects. Receives assignments, reviews work orders, priority status, time schedules and completes work as specified. Identifies and secures appropriate supplies and equipment, and selects appropriate process techniques.
• Performs basic and general maintenance duties, cleans, assembles, moves, installs, operates, tests and services portable and fixed equipment, associated mechanical equipment and fixtures. Uses hand and power tools, precision measuring and testing instruments. Repairs or replaces defective devices and control instruments and installs special functional and structural parts.
• Detects malfunctions, maintains and repairs machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's specifications, written and oral instructions.
• Documents and maintains all required records and information pertinent to assignments, work orders, instruction manuals, blueprints and other such materials as required.
• Updates practices as necessary to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements. Researches new techniques, materials, equipment and makes recommendations to management.
What We Require:
Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Trade or vocational school with maintenance curriculum geared towards repairs preferred.
Experience: Three years experience in maintenance required. Experience may be gained through on-the-job training or apprenticeship.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Valid Virginia Driver’s License preferred for positions in the hospitals and required for Property Maintenance positions.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Good interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to communicate with co-workers and others. Ability to use a computerized work order control system. Ability to maintain required records and follow verbal and written instructions. May be asked to provide basic general purpose maintenance tools. Position is deemed “emergency personnel” during emergency conditions. Criminal History check is required for Property Maintenance positions. May be asked to provide own transportation and travel to other Carilion work sites. May be required to work at other Carilion facilities to meet staffing needs.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 140342
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.