How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Work with busy Orthopedic group, managing post op patient care on the orthopedic floor and throughout the hospital for the Total Joint and Spine programs. Day/evening with weekend call required.
A nurse with advanced skills should have access to the exceptional opportunities and sophisticated resources of an award winning organization. Thatâs Carilion Clinic. Our team (provides care) in a forward-thinking environment. You will thrive through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
The Nurse Practitioner has advanced knowledge and skills that qualify her/him to function as a primary health care provider. She/he serves as a member of a collaborative health care team. This collaborative role includes responsibility for determining the patientâs health and medical status by taking a health history; performing physical exams; initiating screening and diagnostic procedures; providing health maintenance services; and management of pregnancy, minor trauma, acute illnesses, and stable chronic illness. Consults with physician, as appropriate, keeping the physician informed of needs and problems related to patient care.
The job duties of the NP include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides quality service in a caring and professional manner. Actively commits to team efforts, provision for cost effectiveness, service excellence, and respect for everyone by demonstrating actions which support Carilion Clinic.
• Conducts comprehensive health histories. Performs physical, psychological, and developmental assessments using appropriate techniques based on age. Assesses and manages acute illness, pregnancy, minor trauma and chronic illness and conditions. Analyzes and interprets health data.
• Discriminates between normal and abnormal physical, psychological, and developmental findings, and appropriately determines when to consult with and/or refer to other members of the health care team. Initiates, implements, and prescribes appropriate treatment plans consulting with the physician as needed. Administers medications and injections as appropriate.
• Performs or requests laboratory and screening tests. Conducts preventive screening procedures based on age and history.
• Accurately records changes in health status and assessment findings, documenting actions in a clear and concise manner. Determines the effectiveness of the plan of care and revises as necessary to achieve medical and health goals.
• Provides patient/family education, develops plans for continued health care management, and promotes health maintenance activities for patients. Promotes wellness through health education. Coordinates necessary appointments and referrals, including the use of community resources as indicated by patient needs.
• Able to utilize automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Documents patient information in the electronic medical records in a timely manner to include update treatment procedures, medication refills, test results, patient concerns, etc. Makes return phone calls within a specified timeframe to include handling refill requests.
• Acts as a resource to patients, other health team members, the community, and various academic institutions.
• Maintains patient flow, with patients seen in appropriate order and keeps exam rooms filled.
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of an Accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
Licensure/Certification: Current Virginia State Licensed Nurse Practitioner (NP) and DEA license required, or must be eligible to obtain. AHA BLS-HCP certification required. Advanced Life Support certification required. Eligible for prescriptive authority in accordance with State regulations and as authorized by the Virginia Boards of Medicine. Capable of meeting credentialing or job function requirements as needed based on the requirements of the practice and of managed care payors and insurers. Qualifies for malpractice insurance and is accepted by Carilion Clinic's malpractice insurance carrier.
Other: Able to work collaboratively with physicians and other health care providers. Demonstrates good written and oral communication skills. Computer literacy required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143627
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: 40 hour/week , some weekends included
Recruiter: KARYN B FARRELL
Recruiter Phone: 540-224-5383
Recruiter Email: KBFarrell@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.