How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Provide support to all Carilion EAP client companies through excellent counseling, consultation, coaching and training services. The consultant role exemplifies great customer service and leadership through timely response and quality of services delivered to both the internal EAP team and our external customers.
• Performs EAP supervisory consultations with Human Resource personnel, managers and directors of Carilion EAP client companies. May arrange for services with EAP staff from consultations.
• Provides training on EAP and work-life topics to client company audiences.
• Provides conflict resolution services to client company groups and individuals.
• Provides Substance Abuse Professional Services for DOT clients, managing all alcohol and drug cases that are referred to outside subcontractors.
• Performs assessments, referrals and short-term counseling to individuals.
• Provides Critical Incident Stress and Grief Debriefing Services upon request of client companies.
• Provides performance individual coaching to client companies.
• Maintains documentation of all activities through charting and data entry in EMR.
• Performs all duties in a team environment that supports collaboration and coordination of EAP delivery of services with the entire team.
• Performs other EAP duties and functions upon request of EAP manager.
Licensed or Licensed Eligible, to seek CEAP certification within one year of hire. Join a high functioning, highly professional team of mental health professionals and consultants with expertise in human behavior and human systems. Consultants provide assessment, referral, solution focused intervention, management consulting, training and development to client organizations across the region.
M,T, W, F 8a to 5p, Thursday 10a to 7p
What We Require:
Education: Masters degree in counseling field required.
Experience: EAP experience preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Certified Employee Assistant Professional (CEAP) required, or procurement of such within 1 year of hire. Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Virginia or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Virginia preferred. Qualified Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) with the Department of Transportation (DOT) required, or procurement of such within 6 months of employment.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills required. Familiarity with EAP core technologies, or essential components (skills, knowledge and abilities) of the Employee Assistance profession. Competent in Word Suite, especially Power Point expertise required. Critical Incident Stress Debriefing as in the Mitchell Model or comparative technique required.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143752
Employment Status: Full time
Location: 213 McClanahan
Shift Details: M,T, W, F 8a to 5p, Thursday 10a to 7p
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.