Guest Service Agent / Night Audit Relief - WoodSpring Suites Roanoke
Front Desk Representative
Position Overview - (Includes 2 overnight shifts)
The WoodSpring Suites in Roanoke is looking for a Guest Service Agent. The Guest Service Agent assures highest possible level of visitor and guest satisfaction by providing superior customer service. Applicants need to be positive, energetic and willing to do whatever it takes to make our guests happy. This may include providing for light housekeeping and maintenance task. Potential associates will need to be attentive to details and understand how this role impacts the overall success of the hotel. Ideal applicants will have great attendance and understand that guest services plays a pivotal role in guest satisfaction.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Checks guests into and out of the hotel in an accurate, speedy, and courteous manner.
• Efficiently handles all payments received whether they are cash, credit card, checks, or traveler’s checks. Balances/verifies all monetary transactions in the appropriate accounts.
• Ensures that all hotel keys are distributed to the appropriate parties and that guest privacy is maintained.
• Responsible for maintaining all documentation regarding room registration, changes, charges, credit card transactions, customer service and maintenance issues.
• Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
• Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
• Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations.
• Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
• Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Ensures that the lobby and front desk area is clean, organized, visually appealing, and well stocked with all necessary supplies.
• Properly compiles, completes, and distributes reports to all management and relevant staff.
• Reports any maintenance, security, or safety issues to the appropriate staff.
Benefits Available :
• Daily Pay
• Holiday Pay
• Paid Time Off
• Travel Discounts though Choice
• Free Parking
• Life Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent years of relevant work experience required.
• Previous front desk experience highly preferred required.
• Prior experience using Windows based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook highly preferred.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work well and collaborate with others.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• May be required to stand for an extended period of time.
• Able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends.
• Employment is contingent upon the results of drug and criminal background screens.
WoodSpring - Roanoke
About the Organization
Suburban Capital develops, owns, and operates nationally franchised hotels in the southeast, maintaining strong relationships with top-tier franchise companies including Marriott International, Hyatt Corporation, and Choice Hotels International. Suburban Capital has 7 hotel locations throughout Virginia with a development pipeline of 11+ hotels scheduled. Suburban Capital is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia and development is focused on regions throughout Virginia and North Carolina.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.