Social Worker MSW
Job Locations US-VA-Roanoke
Requisition ID 2023-84356
Position Division Hospice Only
Location Heartland Hospice
Requisition Post Information* : External Company Name Gentiva
Position Type Full-Time
Location : City Roanoke
Location : State/Province VA
Heartland Hospice is a member of the Gentiva family - an industry leader in hospice, palliative, home health, and personal home care. Our place is by the side of those who need us, offering physical, spiritual and emotional support to patients and their families so they may make the most of every moment. We believe that better care for caregivers and clinicians means better care for everyone, so we offer ongoing professional training, lower nurse-to-patient ratios, and comprehensive benefits for eligible employees. Here, you’ll join gifted colleagues who make a lasting difference in people’s lives every day.
We are looking for a Social Worker (MSW) to join our team.
The Social Worker (MSW) is that member of the interdisciplinary team whose primary function is to provide psychosocial support to the patient/family unit based on an assessment that identifies the needs, goals, interventions and services indicated accordance with the established plan of care and to utilize professional training and personal judgment in monitoring the psychosocial assessment process.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work from a CSWE School
• Licensure as required by the state in which the hospice is located
• One year experience as a Social Worker in a healthcare and/or hospice setting is required; three to five years preferred
• Knowledge of terminally ill patients and their families along with Understanding of hospice and the psychosocial dynamics of illness, loss, and death; ability to apply knowledge of the special needs of hospice patient and families; sensitivity to the impact of life and death issues face by individuals with terminal illness; tact in dealing with these patients and their families; ability to support Others at a time of crisis; ability to cope with the stress of repeated loss
• Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health Insurance, 401k Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, PTO
• Opportunity to Participate In a Fleet Program
• Competitive Salaries
• Mileage Reimbursement
• Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
• This is a safety-sensitive position
• Employee must meet minimum requirements to be eligible for benefits
• Where applicable, employee must meet state specific requirements
• We are proud to be an EEO employer
• We maintain a drug-free workplace
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS