Manager, Dining Services
Job Locations US-VA-Roanoke
Category Community Operations
Sub-Category Dining Services
Position Type (Portal Searching) Regular Full-Time
Shift All Shifts
Location : Name Brookdale Roanoke
Location : Address 1127 Persinger Road Southwest
Location : Location US-VA-Roanoke
Work Location On-Site
Early Access to Paycheck with Earned Wage Access is available for Hourly Associates (outside of CA)
Make Lives Better Including Your Own .
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us! You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Pet Insurance
• Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
• Variety of Associate Discounts
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
To support our associates in their journey to become a U.S. citizen, Brookdale offers to advance fees for naturalization (Form N-400) application costs, up to $725, less applicable taxes and withholding, for qualified associates who have been with us for at least a year.
Plans, manages, and coordinates activities of the dining services department at one or more locations, and provides food services for residents and employees.
• Develops standards for organization and supervision of dining services.
• Maintains quality dining services within the prescribed budget.
• Determines quality and quantity of food required; plans menus and controls food costs; may be scheduled to prepare meals.
• Oversees the food preparation and cooking, to ensure meals are prepared per company procedures.
• Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and serving areas to determine that regulations governing food safety and sanitation are followed.
• Prepares cleaning schedule, production worksheet and staff schedules.
• Maintains inventory of food and nonfood items.
• Selects, orients, and trains new employees in department; effectively delegates authority to dining services staff to ensure effective flow of materials and services.
• Develops and directs cost control system; prepares and submits department budget to director.
• Provides nutrition education and counseling for residents; presents dining services education program to dining services and other staff as needed.
• Ensures safe work procedures are developed and followed, to include those relating to employee injuries, prevention, and infection control.
• Ensures a continuous quality improvement program is in place and appropriate follow-up occurs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Two to four years experience in commercial kitchen, operation and line cooking, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current ServSafe Certification required. State food service certification required, if applicable. ACF Certified Sous Chef (CSC) preferred.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Familiarity with Microsoft software preferred. Basic typing skills are essential. A thorough knowledge of food safety and sanitation, culinary nutrition, and supervisory management is required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
• Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
• Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
• On-Call on an as needed basis
• Reach with hands and arms
• Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
• Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Talk or hear
• Exposure to latex
• Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
• Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
• Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
• Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Salary Range Information
$19.33 - $24.16 / hour
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS